Red Alert 1 & C&C95 problem reports

bright_hawkins

Question

On 10/13/2018 at 7:04 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

so you'll have to enable a workaround

In CNC 17 Ultimate, CNC 95 shows me a privileged exceuted memory error, Why? I have done disable all compatibility modes for all of the game executables. Win10 1803 GTX 1070 TI, all of these file version can not run. Only old 1.06c patch can run.

1 hour ago, bright_hawkins said:

In CNC 17 Ultimate, CNC 95 shows me a privileged exceuted memory error, Why? I have done disable all compatibility modes for all of the game executables. Win10 1803 GTX 1070 TI, all of these file version can not run. Only old 1.06c patch can run.

1. Download Nyerguds patch and install it

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106

2. Download the updated config tool and extract the 3 files into your game folder (Use 7zip to open the archive):

http://downloads.cncnet.org/addons/td-config.7z

3. Right click the game executable "C&C95.exe" in your game folder, go to properties->compatibility and make sure everything in there is disabled.

1 hour ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

1. Download Nyerguds patch and install it

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106

2. Download the updated config tool and extract the 3 files into your game folder (Use 7zip to open the archive):

http://downloads.cncnet.org/addons/td-config.7z

3. Right click the game executable "C&C95.exe" in your game folder, go to properties->compatibility and make sure everything in there is disabled.

OK, It works normal, and Do u have RA 95 the newest config tools?, I know the tool can make new ddraw.dll 1.3.2.1 version.thank u

8 minutes ago, bright_hawkins said:

OK, It works normal, and Do u have RA 95 the newest config tools?, I know the tool can make new ddraw.dll 1.3.2.1 version.thank u

For ra95 use this: https://downloads.cncnet.org/RA1installer.exe

It got older ddraw from 2-3 weeks ago, but it's the same as 1.3 (newer version has no new features for RA95, only other games were updated)

20 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

For ra95 use this: https://downloads.cncnet.org/RA1installer.exe

It got older ddraw from 2-3 weeks ago, but it's the same as 1.3 (newer version has no new features for RA95, only other games were updated)

Excuse me, Can u provide a config files without other patches? because I don't wanna install any other stuff, especially RA 3.03P Iran, because the 3.03P always freeze for my XWIS internet lobby,  the graphic of XWIS lobby's picture dislocation and always show me: error save name and password. I insist still use office 3.03 ECSAM. I know no one use XWIS, but indeed, I don't like 3.03P. Thank u. Forgive my English, I am Chinese. :)

Edited by bright_hawkins

11 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Oh i see. I add ra-config.zip to this post

ra-config.zip

Thank u! I have a little problem, In 2017/11/05, I downloaded ra95 fullconfig.exe, it will make a ddraw.dll file without any date version, the ddraw.dll cause my ra95 campaign freeze when I stretch the picture to any resolution, both GDI and Opengl, but the skirmish is normally run. I wanna know, the problem has been deal in new config?

20 minutes ago, bright_hawkins said:

Thank u! I have a little problem, In 2017/11/05, I downloaded ra95 fullconfig.exe, it will make a ddraw.dll file without any date version, the ddraw.dll cause my ra95 campaign freeze when I stretch the picture to any resolution, both GDI and Opengl, but the skirmish is normally run. I wanna know, the problem has been deal in new config?

I don't remember such a problem, just try the new version and see if it works. If it's still freezing then write here again and let me know.

8 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

I don't remember such a problem, just try the new version and see if it works. If it's still freezing then write here again and let me know.

Okey, now it is a problem, the file.7z from http://downloads.cncnet.org/addons/td-config.7z I have downloaded, however, when I patch it, the CNC 95 always jump to desktop in less 3 min and game is quit. what's wrong? I have installed nyerguds 1.06c, and disable all compatible table.

21 minutes ago, bright_hawkins said:

Okey, now it is a problem, the file.7z from http://downloads.cncnet.org/addons/td-config.7z I have downloaded, however, when I patch it, the CNC 95 always jump to desktop in less 3 min and game is quit. what's wrong? I have installed nyerguds 1.06c, and disable all compatible table.

Works good for me, no problem. Maybe driver problem on graphcis card? Try "renderer=gdi" maybe

You have any other patches? chinese patch?

10 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Works good for me, no problem. Maybe driver problem on graphcis card? Try "renderer=gdi" maybe

You have any other patches? chinese patch?

I use only 1.06c patch and your file.no any other paches. I reinstall my CNC 95 from Origin, and copy all files including ddraw .ini, it seems normally. but...when I quit the game, now, it can not be exit and must be ended in alt+Ctrl +del :( If I don't copy  ddraw.ini the game will jumps to desktop......

31 minutes ago, bright_hawkins said:

I use only 1.06c patch and your file.no any other paches. I reinstall my CNC 95 from Origin, and copy all files including ddraw .ini, it seems normally. but...when I quit the game, now, it can not be exit and must be ended in alt+Ctrl +del :( If I don't copy  ddraw.ini the game will jumps to desktop......

Oh, maybe crashing cause old ddraw.ini got "singlecpu=false", and new (td-config.7z) ddraw.ini got "singlecpu=true" :)

use ddraw.ini from td-config.7z and change renderer=gdi or renderer=opengl

14 minutes ago, bright_hawkins said:

I select 640X400 stretch to 1280X800, the ratios both are 4:3, but still show black bar. others resolution also. :( The CNC 95 no the black bar and fullscreen and now everything is ok

Try to delete ddraw.ini, then start the game and it will make a new one. then open config and enable stretching again

9 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

HI FunkyFr3sh,I have tested the ddraw.dll 1.3.2.1 patch in C&C1/2 and RA 1/2. I have to say, this is the best patch. Up to now, no freeze, no jump to desktop, campaign and skirmish are all run normally. However, now, there is only one issue: in RA2 and Yuri, the cursor flickers violently when the mouse is placed on the any unit. my eyes were blinking with dizziness. Are u sure the ddraw.dll support RA2 and Yuri?

3 hours ago, bright_hawkins said:

HI FunkyFr3sh,I have tested the ddraw.dll 1.3.2.1 patch in C&C1/2 and RA 1/2. I have to say, this is the best patch. Up to now, no freeze, no jump to desktop, campaign and skirmish are all run normally. However, now, there is only one issue: in RA2 and Yuri, the cursor flickers violently when the mouse is placed on the any unit. my eyes were blinking with dizziness. Are u sure the ddraw.dll support RA2 and Yuri?

Yes, it works. Maybe for RA2/YR it's better to set "maxfps=60" like ts-ddraw, cause 125 was for RA95/CNC95

4 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Yes, it works. Maybe for RA2/YR it's better to set "maxfps=60" like ts-ddraw, cause 125 was for RA95/CNC95

I have set "maxfps=60" in  ddraw.ini, but still flickers violently, I patch TS without any tune inculuding maxfps=125 , everything is OK. I attach my old ddraw from toni spets' blog 2 years ago. With the old ddraw, cursor is normally.ddraw.rar

32 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

old ddraw is using this "renderer=opengl" or "renderer=gdi", so you can try that.

For me the new one works good with maxfps=60 with all 3 renderers. With 125 I also see flickering, but only if i move the cursor over some units

You can also try maxfps=58 ... test which one is the best

I will try. I am testing RA95, tha allies campaign, when Tanya bomb Soviet target, the game crashed :(,  maybe some bug still alive.

9 minutes ago, bright_hawkins said:

I will try. I am testing RA95, tha allies campaign, when Tanya bomb Soviet target, the game crashed :(,  maybe some bug still alive.

There are many bugs in 3.03, patch 3.03p fixed a lot. But not a problem of cnc-ddraw, it's just a bug in the game. But without crash log or 0x<address> I can't tell anything about the crash

9 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

There are many bugs in 3.03, patch 3.03p fixed a lot. But not a problem of cnc-ddraw, it's just a bug in the game. But without crash log or 0x<address> I can't tell anything about the crash

Where Can I find log?  The Ra95 crashed suddenly and black screen, so that I have to restart my PC