Red Alert 1 & C&C95 problem reports

bright_hawkins

Question

On 10/13/2018 at 7:04 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

so you'll have to enable a workaround

In CNC 17 Ultimate, CNC 95 shows me a privileged exceuted memory error, Why? I have done disable all compatibility modes for all of the game executables. Win10 1803 GTX 1070 TI, all of these file version can not run. Only old 1.06c patch can run.

14 minutes ago, bright_hawkins said:

I attach a picture to u, can u help me?

1.png

This is a old crash, was fixed long time ago in 3.03p iran :) Not 100percent sure though, don't have this documented, but looks like it

It happens when you build a radar or you go on low power and you lose the radar

Also, are you sure you use the new ddraw.ini? you need singlecpu=true, otherwise you will crash a lot ...

12 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

This is a old crash, was fixed long time ago in 3.03p iran :) Not 100percent sure though, don't have this documented, but looks like it

It happens when you build a radar or you go on low power and you lose the radar

Also, are you sure you use the new ddraw.ini? you need singlecpu=true, otherwise you will crash a lot ...

Can u provide a pure version 3.03P iran patch like CNC 1.06C. Forgive me, I know that CNCnet client is very good, but I really don't like integrated launcher, I wanna be a single player and play with my friend in LAN. You know, Chinese internet is so lag, My country is a dictator country, it is hard to me that connect CNCnet client Thank u so much! 

16 minutes ago, bright_hawkins said:

Can u provide a pure version 3.03P iran patch like CNC 1.06C. Forgive me, I know that CNCnet client is very good, but I really don't like integrated launcher, I wanna be a single player and play with my friend in LAN. You know, Chinese internet is so lag, My country is a dictator country, it is hard to me that connect CNCnet client Thank u so much! 

There is no other version I could give you, but you can play LAN via cncnet too, don't need internet connection for it. Or play LAN via original interface, Multiplayer->Network. 

Xwis was never tested, so it probably doesn't work. But you don't need it

8 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

There is no other version I could give you, but you can play LAN via cncnet too, don't need internet connection for it. Or play LAN via original interface, Multiplayer->Network. 

OK I know and thank u

On 11/29/2018 at 3:34 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

I have to install 3.03P-iran, however, it still crash sometimes especially when loading saved offical campaign snow map, and sometimes, the ESC menu disappears when I wanna save disk. I have attached my crash.dmp, I use GDI or OpenGL render both, single CPU, Can u help me?

ra95crash.rar

Edited by bright_hawkins

2 hours ago, bright_hawkins said:

I have to install 3.03P-iran, however, it still crash sometimes especially when loading saved office campaign snow map, and sometimes, the ESC menu disappears when I wanna save disk. I have attached my crash.dmp, I use GDI or OpenGL render both, single CPU, Can u help me?

ra95crash.rar

Are you sure you have singlecpu=true?

If you have your game installed in C:/program files (very bad!) then you might have another ddraw.ini that overrides the one in your game folder, delete this other ddraw.ini. 

Find it here: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

image.png

20 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Are you sure you have singlecpu=true?

If you have your game installed in C:/program files (very bad!) then you might have another ddraw.ini that overrides the one in your game folder, delete this other ddraw.ini. 

Find it here: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

image.png

I am sure I have selected single CPU option.

I am sure I installed all game in E:\ disk, and  In  %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore  there is nothing. I am sure.

I found a strange stuff, every time the crash appears in snow map, and if no crash, the graphic will show some graphical errors in the snow theater. But I have patch the file "RA1 Snow Theater 'Smudge' Graphics Fix" from nyerguds website.

Edited by bright_hawkins

1 hour ago, bright_hawkins said:

I am sure I have selected single CPU option.

I am sure I installed all game in E:\ disk, and  In  %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore  there is nothing. I am sure.

I found a strange stuff, every time the crash appears in snow map, and if no crash, the graphic will show some graphical errors in the snow theater. But I have patch the file "RA1 Snow Theater 'Smudge' Graphics Fix" from nyerguds website.

Maybe thats the problem then :P

it's crashing while drawing, being called from the function "SmudgeTypeClass::Draw_It(int,int,int)"

8 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Uninstall 'Smudge' Graphics Fix

OK, That is fine, by the now, no crash. I have only question: I've got through all of the campaign, but after installing the 3.03P patch, the background of the staff table  should be pictures fragment in normal. However, 3.03P-iran shows a broken blurred screen, but the actors'watch itself seems like normally, only the background screen is blurred. What is the reason?

Sorry for my English, Can u understand my words?

5 hours ago, bright_hawkins said:

OK, That is fine, by the now, no crash. I have only question: I've got through all of the campaign, but after installing the 3.03P patch, the background of the staff table  should be pictures fragment in normal. However, 3.03P-iran shows a broken blurred screen, but the actors'watch itself seems like normally, only the background screen is blurred. What is the reason?

Sorry for my English, Can u understand my words?

Don't know what you mean, sorry. Maybe show a picture if you can

4 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Don't know what you mean, sorry. Maybe show a picture if you can

Yes, I attached 3 pictures:

1 and 2 is normally in 3.03 ECSAM, the cast show background

3 is blurred background in 3.03P

Can u tell me what is the reason?

By the way, I found 3.03P adjust some mix and .ini,  between 3.03P and 3.03ECSAM can connect each other? I am afraid in China, most people use 3.03ECSAM and the game's data mismatch

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Oh yeah, I remember that one from long time ago. Iran did some patches to fix a crash. Don't think there is a solution for it.

3.03p (ra95p.exe) is compatible with normal 3.03.

BTW, all chinese play on cncnet now (they even host a server for cncnet). Chinese used to play at holdfast (cga.com.cn) but there is no one anymore these days. Where do you play? You can get in contact with the chinese players here: http://www.ra95.win/

1 hour ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Oh yeah, I remember that one from long time ago. Iran did some patches to fix a crash. Don't think there is a solution for it.

3.03p (ra95p.exe) is compatible with normal 3.03.

BTW, all chinese play on cncnet now (they even host a server for cncnet). Chinese used to play at holdfast (cga.com.cn) but there is no one anymore these days. Where do you play? You can get in contact with the chinese players here: http://www.ra95.win/

I dont understand your mean. I guess you wanna tell me that 3.03P-IRAN cast blurred is no any solution? how can I fix the cast's picture background?

@bright_hawkins I spilt the topic since it's all not related to cnc-ddraw, please keep posting here in this thread instead.

The problem you reported has been like this for 6-7 years, Iran made these patches back then and I don't remember what exactly the problem was. You are the first one to post here about this in 7 years!

We don't have anyone working on single player here these days, I only work on multi player so I can't help you with this problem, I don't remember if there is a solution for it.

19 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

@bright_hawkins I spilt the topic since it's all not related to cnc-ddraw, please keep posting here in this thread instead.

The problem you reported has been like this for 6-7 years, Iran made these patches back then and I don't remember what exactly the problem was. You are the first one to post here about this in 7 years!

We don't have anyone working on single player here these days, I only work on multi player so I can't help you with this problem, I don't remember if there is a solution for it.

Yes and thanks for your all work. Thank you for your patience in answering all my questions. I am honored to be the first person to report on this issue. I hope to express my respect for your work through my careful tests. You know, although there will be some Chinese players in cncnet, but language is still a barrier for most Chinese players, especially for such an old game. Actually, I wanna tell more and more friends around me that they can use cncnet products. However, they always ask me some problem and question. When a compatible problem appears, restricted by language barriers, they can not obtain any help. I wanna help them just like u help me :) 

Now, I have no other question, if possible, can u tell Iran that let him fix the little issue about cast pictures? Maybe can u tell me What time 3.03p final not beta or 3.04 version will be distributed? after all, every one likes a whole perfect version! lol :) 

49 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Iran didn't work on it for many years :P

Lol, Hi, @FunkyFr3sh in this topic https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/8350-new-ts-ddraw-release-tiberian-sun-red-alert-2-yuris-revenge/ you uploaded new TS-DDraw release (Tiberian Sun / Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge), the version is 1.1.4.8. Now, you give me DDRAW's version is 1.3.2.1. What differences between 2 versions? And 1.3.2.1 only have config file for CNC/RA95,  are there not for TS/RA2 config file?

5 hours ago, bright_hawkins said:

Lol, Hi, @FunkyFr3sh in this topic https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/8350-new-ts-ddraw-release-tiberian-sun-red-alert-2-yuris-revenge/ you uploaded new TS-DDraw release (Tiberian Sun / Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge), the version is 1.1.4.8. Now, you give me DDRAW's version is 1.3.2.1. What differences between 2 versions? And 1.3.2.1 only have config file for CNC/RA95,  are there not for TS/RA2 config file?

ts-ddraw = tiberian sun ddraw (For tiberian sun and red alert 2)

cnc-ddraw = command and conquer ddraw (For Command and Conquer 1 and Red Alert 1, but it does support TS/RA2 now too since 10days)

cnc-ddraw does not have config files for ts/ra2, it only supports these games since a few days

10 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

cnc-ddraw = command and conquer ddraw (For Command and Conquer 1 and Red Alert 1, but it does support TS/RA2 now too since 10days)

cnc-ddraw does not have config files for ts/ra2, it only supports these games since a few days

OK. I understand and thank u.

11 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

By the way, I have swiched gdi opengl directX and auto render, I also set MAXFPS=60、58, however, the Ra2/YR cursor still flickers violently, compatible XPSP3 or None is useless. My eyes can not bear it, and if I patch 1.1.4.8 ts-ddraw, the RA2 will freeze. so I decide use my old ddraw.dll. I hope u can fix the issue at the next version. good luck!

Edited by bright_hawkins