Top 10 Things CNCNET YR needs

XXxPrePxX

On 1/13/2019 at 5:08 PM, XXxPrePxX said:

I would QM SIGNIFICANTLY more if I knew my rank was shown in lobby and badges accumulated. There would also be 100's more tournament games with people opening their own ranked games.

for sure that would heat up the competitive scene if it's done and boost up qm activity [ and trash talk lol ]

Edited by DoDger
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy. said:

Hosting QM games sounds awful, that will lead to the problems ra2 had which is people playing only one map the entire month and having all +5 point games, at the same time killing QM activity.

I see your point, but I disagree that it would be that big of an impact.

There was never really any serious problems on Ra2 with it-- Sure, you had a number of players who one-mapped Little Big Lake or Mount Olympus with crates on, but those players almost never entered the top 10 at the end of month as they would get bashed hard (considering thier playing +5 games, just bash them on a low points nickname). Even when the ladders were dead, those types of players weren't competitive in the end of the month. 

They had their fun and added activity to the ladder. 

It's also a simple fix by adding a map quota % if that's what we're worried about.

The one point you bring up that is important is the negative population of QM activity, but I think this is STRONGLY offset by the additional activity found by this type of interface with the lobby and increased players playing due to tournament games being hosted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

I see your point, but I disagree that it would be that big of an impact.

There was never really any serious problems on Ra2 with it-- Sure, you had a number of players who one-mapped Little Big Lake or Mount Olympus with crates on, but those players almost never entered the top 10 at the end of month as they would get bashed hard (considering thier playing +5 games, just bash them on a low points nickname). Even when the ladders were dead, those types of players weren't competitive in the end of the month. 

They had their fun and added activity to the ladder. 

It's also a simple fix by adding a map quota % if that's what we're worried about.

The one point you bring up that is important is the negative population of QM activity, but I think this is STRONGLY offset by the additional activity found by this type of interface with the lobby and increased players playing due to tournament games being hosted.

I could see it now, no one playing QM anymore and people only playing you in a tourney game on their map take it or leave it. Oof

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Andy. said:

I could see it now, no one playing QM anymore and people only playing you in a tourney game on their map take it or leave it. Oof

Yeah -- that doesn't happen even on the dead Ra2 XWIS ladder and it didn't happen for the majority of it's existence. There's a much larger player pool here and there's still competitive spirit that lends to QM.

Besides, even if we assumed that a large percentage would want to only play hosted-ladder games, whats the problem with that? As long as people are getting games the system is working.

But again -- I think this won't be an issue as there will be enough people to enjoy QMing and hosted games.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:30 PM, XXxPrePxX said:

1. Integrated ranking/badge system with the lobby

This would be the biggest help possible. As it stands, the current ladder is nothing but a system to set up semi competitive 1on1 games where the ladder winner isn't really known. With a ranking system integrated in the lobby, the entire CNCNet universe will want to gain rank/gain badges. This would increase ladder activity likely by 2x or more. This goes hand in hand with item #2 as there needs to be a way to integrate everything into the lobby.

2. Hosting own Ladder games and clan games

This is important as players don't always want to play randomized match ups in QM. It also helps players who are very sensitive towards playing against yuri, or playing with supers on. This would allow players to play at their level and pace further increasing activity on the ladder as it opens it up to all strategies. Additionally, this is a necessary step towards creating the clan ladder.

3. Clan system

Everybody's favorite wish. We all want a system that lets us group together and take on other groups. This combined with #2 would give CNCNet a new population of players. I'd venture to say around 100 active players would join the ladder due to this. Possibly more.

4. Fixed QM ladder bugs

A big problem with the QM ladder is the games that get recorded when you don't even play, or disconnects occurring causing random wins/loses. Also the win % statistic is messed up and not real due to DC wins/losses.

5. Weekly or Monthly Game Patches (and an update patch)

We need to emulate modern games like Fortnite that patch their base game on a weekly basis. First, we need to give this game a much needed initial patch that beefs up different factions like Russia, Cuba, Germany, etc. Also, we could patch yuri. Then, on a weekly basis we could introduce a new unit, or a new tweek to the game like Fortnite does. This would be quite spectacular if done right.

6. Ra2 Ladder

A Ra2 ladder would be nice and not too hard to implement, methinks. It would be cool to gain badges (#1) based on RA2 and YR ladder. (Badges to be displayed in lobby).

7. A quick-match Clan based system

This would be cool where you could enter a random system with a clan mate and get faced up against other clans doing the same thing (similar to the current QM system). This has never been done before, so it would be very different.

8. Better lobby chat interface

The chat lobby is pretty dead right now. I personally don't like how it announces when users leave CNCNet or enter CNCNet. That breaks up any sort of chat conversations. Make it more inviting to chat.

9. integrated paging system using when typing similar to WOL/XWIS "/u Hi" or /page iwin4prep hello

This was very helpful when you were paging multiple players especially when you are in game. As it stands, you can't receive or send messages during game. It would be nice to be able to page during game to set up future events.

10. More options in game like "no spy"

Overall CNCNet has revolutionized YR/Ra2 with it's many options, but there's still some options left out that could be useful for FFGs. One in particular is the no spy option. This would make big massive FFGs more enjoyable as players can't prey on the weak by spying the weak and ruining the game. Other useful options exist. 

I agree with all what you mentioned ,except the last point .

• Upvote 2

On 1/6/2019 at 5:30 PM, XXxPrePxX said:

The chat lobby is pretty dead right now. I personally don't like how it announces when users leave CNCNet or enter CNCNet. That breaks up any sort of chat conversations. Make it more inviting to chat.

There's an option in the client to disable those messages. I'd imagine that should be able to be turned off by default.

Overall nice suggestions Prep, I would like to see most of those at some point, like everyone.

• Like 1

Also how about getting rid of those IRC chat client style messages at log in and just make it say "connecting to chat".

posted image

Lastly the most important thing would be to make some feature road map and then create a UX roadmap around those features.
User experience needs to be overhauled on the website, client UI, ladder. Once a roadmap has been made I don't mind researching and doing the UX design part of it.

Edited by RaVaGe
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Grant said:

Overall nice suggestions Prep, I would like to see most of those at some point, like everyone.

Thanks! As far as most important -- The rank-lobby interface and potential for hosting ones own tournament games -- Is this a more simple operation? Or would this require a ton of work and not likely to get done within the next year time frame?

From my (limited) understanding, I would assume all one needs to do is set up the *ability* to log into the CNCNet Client with one's ranked account (connected via email sign up) and then one would have access at hosting tournament games and having rank displayed in lobby.

That, at least to me, doesn't seem like too much work to accomplish?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

The rank-lobby interface and potential for hosting ones own tournament games -- Is this a more simple operation? Or would this require a ton of work and not likely to get done within the next year time frame?

Hosting own tournament games just isn't in scope of the main client. If someone wanted to add this, they would need to put in a pull request to the source on GitHub. 

4 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Thanks! As far as most important -- The rank-lobby interface and potential for hosting ones own tournament games -- Is this a more simple operation? Or would this require a ton of work and not likely to get done within the next year time frame?

From my (limited) understanding, I would assume all one needs to do is set up the *ability* to log into the CNCNet Client with one's ranked account (connected via email sign up) and then one would have access at hosting tournament games and having rank displayed in lobby.

That, at least to me, doesn't seem like too much work to accomplish?

I did start some work towards the badges feature in August. If you remember the friends feature, this pull request added new functionality for multiple icons alongside a players name in the online list. This now allows us to place in badges when the logic around displaying them is ready.

As for how the badges will magically appear next to peoples names and know it's the right person, the idea I was discussing with dkeeton back in August was to show badges without the need for logging into the main client. You would only ever need to login to the QM client once on your PC, and theoretically never need to open it again in order to show your badges in the main client. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 7:01 PM, a1nthony said:

-Better AI:

Someone on this forum already made a very strong ai, can’t you just copy and paste the code and make a level above brutal ai?

Please have this implemented as a game mode at least!  (the VS_AI version of that mod, so only the AI improvements)
The "Brutal AI" option should stay in its current form, as it is a an improvement to the AI, but makes it nice and playable when playing multiple AI's, for example 2v2 with a friend vs AI. It can also be used in combination with other game modes that you select.

The mod that you talk about makes it the most brutal AI I have ever seen in RA2/YR, as 1 AI opponent is already challenging your skills. That's why this should be a seperate gamemode. (with permission of the author of course)
(https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/8430-modvs_ini/?tab=comments#comment-73023)

Ehm.. please? :)

EDIT: Upon re-reading your comment, I notice that you suggested an extra button for a higher level AI next to Brutal AI. Now that I think of it again, yeah, let's add Extreme AI or something :)

Edited by YuriTD88
  • Like 1

I had to say that Clan system had been released in ZhanWang which is a copy of CNCNET.

Now,The Clan system have 30 Clans created.

I hope to donate money to stuff of CNCNET,but I am so poor ,WTF.

QQ截图20190212180747.jpg

QQ截图20190212181407.jpg

Edited by Yes-Gu Lang
IMG of Clan System in ZhanWang
  • Like 1

Why not take the badging system a step further and in conjunction have a reputation assessment system to keep trolls like MaybeWeCrazy (a well documented game ruiner) in check? Have it so that players can rate one another as well.

As someone who hosts frequently, I can say for certain that some lobby options are so desperately missing that could certainly take FFGs to another level:

For the "Side" pulldown, add "Random Allied" and "Random Soviet" for hosts who want to hold something like an "all Allied" or "all Sovs" type matchup or perhaps even "all Allied team vs all Sovs team" match. This way, everyone doesn't just arbitrarily pick an upper tier country for those factions if a host demands one of those types of scenarios.

When enabled, add the ability to adjust the volume of crates... perhaps have standard as the minimum and then maximum be something like 3 to 4x more, depending on the map size and whatnot. Imagine being able to hold epic elite matchups on more official (and much more balanced) maps besides just ToE.

A three way option for Crates, Superweapons, Multi-Engi, No Dog Engi Eat and Destroyable Bridges--have the ability to select On, Off or Random

If a player is "Spectator" they are always set to ready and their other pulldowns (Color, Team and Start) are all automatically disabled and set to random.

• Like 1