Jump to content

CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RC1985

(SOVLED) No mouse cursor in offline multiplayer

Recommended Posts

Obviously I can’t play if I can’t see what I’m pointing at so how do I fix this problem? Also, how do I modify the settings to enable the space bar as the hot key for Place Buildings?

Edited by RC1985

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dkeeton said:

Which renderer are you using?

'Automatic'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you trying to play skirmish mode from the cncnet client or the original exe?

If you don't mind, could you try both of these:

https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-ddraw/releases/tag/1.1.4.14 Download ddraw.dll and drop it in your game's folder (c/westwood/sun or c/games/tiberian...)

https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases/tag/1.3.4.0 Download and extract cnc-ddraw.zip into your game folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 11:33 AM, dkeeton said:

Are you trying to play skirmish mode from the cncnet client or the original exe?

If you don't mind, could you try both of these:

https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-ddraw/releases/tag/1.1.4.14 Download ddraw.dll and drop it in your game's folder (c/westwood/sun or c/games/tiberian...)

https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases/tag/1.3.4.0 Download and extract cnc-ddraw.zip into your game folder.

I'm trying it from 'Tiberian Sun Launcher', which launches Skirmish and then brings me to cncnet. It looks like the second option is working better, but the scroll rate is quite... laggy/draggy, like something heavy wearing the cursor down, it's not fast and sharp, I don;t know how to describe it and I hope you get me. Is there anything else that I need to do? Btw how do I chance the 'Place Building' hotkey to spacebar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What operating system and What graphics card do you have?

To set place building to spacebar change this in keyboard.ini

PlaceBuilding=32

And make sure no other key is using 32.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dkeeton said:

What operating system and What graphics card do you have?

To set place building to spacebar change this in keyboard.ini

PlaceBuilding=32

And make sure no other key is using 32.

Thanks! I’m using win 10 personal 64 bit, graphics card is a very basic NVIDIA one, not suitable for modern-day games I think. Does this have an effect on TS somehow? The scrolling works just fine in campaign mode actually, it’s the multiplayer that feels laggy.

Edited by RC1985

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm..anyone? Scrolling is super laggy on online multiplayer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have ScrollDelay= in your SUN.INI file, try setting the value to 0. Or try some other number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 1:35 AM, dkeeton said:

If you have ScrollDelay= in your SUN.INI file, try setting the value to 0. Or try some other number.

Thanks this worked perfectly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...