Missing file

JimDHR

Question

I was playing fine for months, only Skirmish offline. A few days ago started getting "cncnet has encountred internal error and needs to close" and game crashes.

So I uninstalled client and game and redownloaded from Origin.

Now I just keep getting the message "Error launching gamemd-spawn.exe. Please check your antivirus isn't blocking the CnCnet client. You can also try running the client as an administrator. Returned error : The system cannot find the file specified"

I've gone into all .exe files and given them a pass from the antivirus and also into compatibility mode and allowed them to run as administrator. Any ideas what's the issue?

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, JimDHR said:

I was playing fine for months, only Skirmish offline. A few days ago started getting "cncnet has encountred internal error and needs to close" and game crashes.

So I uninstalled client and game and redownloaded from Origin.

Now I just keep getting the message "Error launching gamemd-spawn.exe. Please check your antivirus isn't blocking the CnCnet client. You can also try running the client as an administrator. Returned error : The system cannot find the file specified"

I've gone into all .exe files and given them a pass from the antivirus and also into compatibility mode and allowed them to run as administrator. Any ideas what's the issue?

We did find an issue with the latest installer as it did not include a necessary file. We've fixed the installer. Please install again using the same download link that currently exists.

https://downloads.cncnet.org/CnCNet5_YR_Installer.exe