problems with installation of cncnet aplication

kermitwow

Question

So i tried installing the CnC_NET5 _YR_installer file from the red alert 2 page and when i open it it says i need windows service pack 1 or later but i don't really know what that means or how to even go about installing it and the installation tutorials i watch never mentioned anything about it. im trying to get it to play online with my dad so any help is appreciated.   

3 answers to this question

18 hours ago, kermitwow said:

So i tried installing the CnC_NET5 _YR_installer file from the red alert 2 page and when i open it it says i need windows service pack 1 or later but i don't really know what that means or how to even go about installing it and the installation tutorials i watch never mentioned anything about it. im trying to get it to play online with my dad so any help is appreciated.   

Windows 7 I assume? 

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB976932

should be a matter of installing it, then once done, re run the cncnet installer 

I have been playing the game for about a year, but for the past month, I've been having trouble with the CnC launcher when trying to play multiplayer. Whenever I go online, I receive a Trojan warning. I attempted to configure my antivirus program to ignore it, but it refuses because the Trojan has a specific hash. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

9 hours ago, wolf21 said:

I have been playing the game for about a year, but for the past month, I've been having trouble with the CnC launcher when trying to play multiplayer. Whenever I go online, I receive a Trojan warning. I attempted to configure my antivirus program to ignore it, but it refuses because the Trojan has a specific hash. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this issue?