Offline mode

Eduardboon

Hi there,

It would be really great if there would be an offline mode for the cncnet mod/patch for Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge.

I'm asking because I own the origin version of the games and there is no patch that I have found (including different DLL's) that can make the game as smooth as your CnCnet client does. Skirmish is amazing with this patch and feels like a solid 60fps with vsync on. I know there is a patch for tiberian sun and firestorm to play offline (have it downloaded) and it works like a charm. Tried to use those files on red alert 2 but that didn't work.

I'm looking for a way to play the campaigns of red alert 2 and yuri's revenge in a smooth way, without weird stutters. I do use the Novideobackbuffer trick and it helps a bit, but if I put the resolution on 1080P the game lags consistently.

Is there a way to play the campaign as smoothly as the skirmish via the cncnet client? maybe a trick to launch offline mode?

One more thing: As soon as I install the yuri's revenge client I can't start the game anymore via the origin launcher. It just won't boot. Any work arounds for this?

OS is Windows 10

Hi there,

It would be really great if there would be an offline mode for the cncnet mod/patch for Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge.

I'm asking because I own the origin version of the games and there is no patch that I have found (including different DLL's) that can make the game as smooth as your CnCnet client does. Skirmish is amazing with this patch and feels like a solid 60fps with vsync on. I know there is a patch for tiberian sun and firestorm to play offline (have it downloaded) and it works like a charm. Tried to use those files on red alert 2 but that didn't work.

I'm looking for a way to play the campaigns of red alert 2 and yuri's revenge in a smooth way, without weird stutters. I do use the Novideobackbuffer trick and it helps a bit, but if I put the resolution on 1080P the game lags consistently.

Is there a way to play the campaign as smoothly as the skirmish via the cncnet client? maybe a trick to launch offline mode?

One more thing: As soon as I install the yuri's revenge client I can't start the game anymore via the origin launcher. It just won't boot. Any work arounds for this?

OS is Windows 10

Playing the campaing via cncnet is a bit tricky but is possible. You need to upload a new map and that map is actually the first map from the campaign. Download the maps and add them in cncnet then go make a new game and select the allied mission or the soviet mission.

Also you should edit the map with final alert cuz they dont hav a name and will not appear in cnc map selection. However even if it appears i tried using allied mission but no luck game is stuck at loading since it uses the singleplayer mode and only multiplayer maps are used in cncnet. The diference is that in singleplayer you hav waypons from 1 to 8 for player position and in singleplayer is more than 99 waypoints and player position is on waypoints 99 and 98 both (idk why). In conlcusion you cant select position 99 or 98 in cnc and this is why you cant play but maybe you can make something with the maps

I saw that there are campaign modes in cncnet under coop. 

ra2_yr_campaigns.rar