Simple Mod Idea / Request (Red Alert)

NodreconBike

Hi everyone, i have a simple mod idea, but no matter how many hours I've wasted I can't figure out how to make it a 100% reality. I'm hoping one of you are a little interested in my idea, because I know some of you guys are so experienced can just snap your fingers and make it work like magic.

The goal is to not balance the sides of c&c red alert but to improve the game with out having a huge change of its original gameplay:

The plans (so far)  are (all the points with a ":)" means I've been able to accomplish) :

:)1. add the supply truck with 4 passengers to both sides in multiplayer games, mainly so that the soviets have a ground transport.

:)2. add phase transport and helicarrier to both sides. (after all the soviets did steal the phase transport.)

:)3.add the chinook to both sides (no reason way not, because the allies use them in the campaign)

:)4. (as radical as it may sound) add dogs and kennel to allies (what if a multiplayer game involves allies vs. allies. How will they stop the other player's spies? (I know human players don't need them but it makes it seem happier.)(red alert 2 has dogs for both sides.)

5. Make Tanya an allies only unit and give the soviets Volkov from the campaign. (and somehow make it so you can only train one tanya or volkov. who ever heard of two tanyas?) Volkov would just as powerful and as weak as tanya just to keep the balancing of that.

:)(maybe)6. Maybe... just maybe increase the "A bombs" power of destroying vehicles and maybe increase its range of damage.

:)6=7. Make it so paratroopers come with 10 riflemen. What's the point of having 5 little guys with BB guns every 17 minutes? They're useless.

8. Give the allies the ability to have paratroopers and parabombs without the airfield or jet and fighter plane. Or (if its possible) have a chinook come off the edge of the map with reinforcements. (paratroopers with the "parachutes")

So far I'm stuck on point 5 and 8.

I've added a new building from: http://ra.afraid.org/html/downloads/structures.html

called: Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT)  thumbnail image

I plan on making it a building necessary to have badger related items (the paratroopers and parabombs)

I don't know... somehow make the reinforcements and parabomb "super weapons" available through the ATCT only and that the soviets require the ATCT for the spy plane and for making the airfield and aircraft. The allies would use the ATCT for reinforcements (by parachute or chinook) and parabombs only.

I have edited the spawn.xdp like this:

*The structure:

; new thing
[FCOM]
Name=Air Traffic Control
Image=atrc
Prerequisite=dome
Strength=600
Armor=concrete
TechLevel=5
Sight=4
Owner=allies,soviets
Cost=1500
Points=85
Power=-100
Bib=yes
Capturable=true
Crewed=yes

*The badger:

; Badger bomber
[BADR]
Prerequisite=fcom
Primary=ParaBomb
Strength=60
Armor=light
TechLevel=-1
Sight=0
Speed=16
Owner=allies,soviet
Cost=10
Points=20
ROT=5
Ammo=5
Passengers=10

*The soviet airfield:

; airstrip
[AFLD]
Prerequisite=dome,fcom
Strength=1000
Armor=heavy
TechLevel=5
Sight=7
Owner=soviet
Cost=600
Points=70
Power=-30
Capturable=true
Crewed=yes

How Do I give the new building the "characteristics" of the airfield pertaining to the paratroopers and parabombs? No matter what I've tried I can't make the new building "cough up" paratroopers or anything.

What do you all think about the whole idea? Are there any changes you think should be made or added to my idea?

air.jpg.33077f11474713e87cac7f60802fb3cf.jpg