Yuri's Revenge update 5.4

FOLK

I have been trying to play Yuri's revenge online with a friend and I can't get it to work properly. It says to "update to version 5.4" on the main menu. When I hit yes it acts like it worked but then boots me out of the game and sends me to my desktop with a command prompt window (attached) open. Then the game wont let me restart it unless i re-install it on my computer. Any help in this regard would be much appreciated as Yuri's Revenge is on of my favorite C&C games.

CNC Issue.docx

Try this:

On 10/3/2018 at 5:22 PM, chaldoskillz said:

For anyone that wants to try, I figured out a way that works for me. It has worked for the past few updates. When the cmd black window pops up and refuses to close, leave it open. Hit "Ctrl + Alt + Del" and go to task manager. Under background processes, scroll down to "DTA Client" and click on it then end task. (Make sure you do this while the cmd window is still open). This process will close the cncnet client and allow the update to continue. The cmd window will close automatically when the update goes through! @nelsongmerino

I used to always close the cmd window manually at first, and then ctrl + alt + del to close the DTA client afterwards, and that never worked. I guess the client being open/running was inhibiting the cmd window from actively running/updating. No clue why. 

So I just went on the game to try this and it looks like update 5.5 was released; magically my issue went away, thank God. I appreciate your feedback and I will definitely keep this trick in mind if it happens again. Thank you very much.