Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge on Windows 10 64 bit

ArDarsh

Hello,

Apologize if this was already answered but could not find a thread to install CNC Net.

A. I have the original RA2 and YR discs which were converted to ISOs so I could virtually mount them via WinCDEmu

B. I used the following website Service Depot: Installing Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 – CNCNZ.com to obtain the XWIS launcher Downloads - Support - XWIS since I'm unable to run original setup on Windows 10.

C. I copied over the necessary files from both ISOs as instructed after installation (all the mix files)

However, the CNC Net Installer still cannot find the install directory for Yuri's Revenge.

1. Does the install directory of the XWIS need to be the same as the default for the CNC Net installer?

2. Does CNC Net installer not work with the XWIS installer? What is CNC Net looking for to go ahead with the install/patch? 

3. What modified steps are needed to get this game to work on Windows 10 64 bit?

I wish this game was just available DRM free on GOG, not even remastered. Easy RTS purchase. Origin has too many problems.

• 4 weeks later...