How do I play online with modified rules to increase the build queue beyond 5? - Tiberian Sun

young_gup

Hello, I'm new to cncnet and have just rediscovered Tiberian Sun, a childhood favorite of mine.  I'm hoping someone can help me.  I understand that modifying the rules file allows me to increase the build queue beyond 5, but when I try to play online with my friend with a modified rules file I get an error message and am unable to play with him.  Both of our rules files are identical.  What are we doing wrong?  Any help would be super appreciated!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, young_gup said:

Hello, I'm new to cncnet and have just rediscovered Tiberian Sun, a childhood favorite of mine.  I'm hoping someone can help me.  I understand that modifying the rules file allows me to increase the build queue beyond 5, but when I try to play online with my friend with a modified rules file I get an error message and am unable to play with him.  Both of our rules files are identical.  What are we doing wrong?  Any help would be super appreciated!! 

Hey young_gup! ?
If you know how to work with FS (FinalSun) map editor that comes with game you should consider adding changes in maps instead or editing rules.ini
There's an easy way to add INI files in each map so I hope this will fix it and you guys can play. Join on TS Discord https://discord.gg/WcuFRAnQ or DM for more questions we have a pretty big community that works in modding and TS. 
Have an awesome day! ?

Edited by AquaRed

Welcome back, Commander!!

Here is the edit 

place it at the beginning..

you can use a text editor like notepad.  save as        .mpr   file

default cncnet maps folder (can be any of the folders here)

C:\Games\CnCNet\TiberianSun_Online\Maps\  (pick a folder here)

then restart the client.  >>>play!

[General]
MaximumQueuedObjects=9

I use 9, you can use any number you like I think.

Here is a link to the 5000 map    Tiberian Sun map pack

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ESIxh0XB2jzU1Lci-tbx6g4Ds1c8VzBz/view

maxqueueedit.jpg

Edited by amokk
  • Upvote 1