Allied Mission 12 Chrono Storm issue on dififculty hard

Ems

Hi, just replaying RA2 and decided to play the campaigns on difficulty hard.

On Allied mission 12, Chrono Storm, I remember that the Seals would land and then you could move them to take out the tesla power and so on.

Playing it now on hard, my seals are killed by the tesla coils the second they land, game over, mission failed. I don't have time to control them or do anything, they are just instantly killed. 

Is there anything I can do? Feels like a bug.

20 hours ago, Ems said:

Hi, just replaying RA2 and decided to play the campaigns on difficulty hard.

On Allied mission 12, Chrono Storm, I remember that the Seals would land and then you could move them to take out the tesla power and so on.

Playing it now on hard, my seals are killed by the tesla coils the second they land, game over, mission failed. I don't have time to control them or do anything, they are just instantly killed. 

Is there anything I can do? Feels like a bug.

Could you take a screenshot? What version of the game are you playing - E.g. Steam, Origin?

Sorry I have to ask, but you did blow up the powerplant in the middle right?

Ha - no worries about asking and actually no I haven't blown yup the power plant in the middle......but only because all 3 Seals get killed by tesla coils the second they land.

From memory, and from googling this mission, the Seals land, you move them into the centre and destroy the power and away you go.

But what is happening is that tesla coils appear to have too much range, so they are killing my Seals the second they land and before they have time to move. I can select them whilst they are in the air and order them to run away from the coils but they are still killed the moment they land. I assumed it was specific to playing on hard - not sure I can be bothered to play through on a different setting to prove/disprove.

13 minutes ago, Ems said:

Ha - no worries about asking and actually no I haven't blown yup the power plant in the middle......but only because all 3 Seals get killed by tesla coils the second they land.

From memory, and from googling this mission, the Seals land, you move them into the centre and destroy the power and away you go.

But what is happening is that tesla coils appear to have too much range, so they are killing my Seals the second they land and before they have time to move. I can select them whilst they are in the air and order them to run away from the coils but they are still killed the moment they land. I assumed it was specific to playing on hard - not sure I can be bothered to play through on a different setting to prove/disprove.

It could be your game install has modified game files. As I tried and didn't have this issue. 

I would try and reinstall the game, or try our campaign on the Beta client (You will be able to select that particular mission)