Cleaned and Sorted Map Collection (1250 maps)

ArtiXim

Since the release of RA2 + YR on Steam I've been having a superb nostalgia play! The only thing I've run short on is different maps to play through. That is how I ended up discovering and being blown away by CnCNet; what an incredible project! I've really been spoiled by the impressively curated map collection that the client comes with - I love how well named and structured everything is. So I played through all the maps and then made a mistake - I wen't looking for more!

I soon discovered the Ginormous collection of maps! post but I simply couldn't deal with how unstructured the map naming is and the lack of thumbnail previews in the client. So in good OCD-like fashion, I built a basic VBA tool which helped me comb through the collection, rename everything so that it is structured like the CnCNet map names and file names, generate thumbnails, embed author names, and remove broken map files.

At the end of it all you have something that looks like this:

posted image

So I present to you my collection of cleaned and sorted maps! (Download link)

Simply download and extract to the "<game files location>\Maps\Custom" directory and CnCNet should pick them all up!

I can't promise that they are all winners, so please reply to the post and let me know if you find any broken maps or complete duds, so that I can curate further!

GLHF!

• Thanks 1

Incredible! And those are just the older maps made upto 2015!

If I download this will they be sorted into my Standard gamemaps folder? I'm trying to keep my official gamemaps separate from any custom maps I download.

Are you talking about where they would appear in the "game type" dropdowns? I haven't changed the game type set by the original map author, so they would blend into whatever else you have.