RA2 & YR Maps - A ginormous collection of maps!

fir3w0rx

Command and Conquer - Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps

1955864965_RA2YRMapsLogo.png.4bebf7d68b83e63a95cfa65fbebc7749.png

Original RA2 Single Player Campaign (Soviet and Allies)

Original YR Single Player Campaign (Soviet and Allies)

Official RA2 Map Packs (complete 1-12)

Official YR Map Packs (complete 1-5)

1137 unsorted RA2 & YR maps

More unsorted RA2 & YR maps

XWIS maps (as of Oct 14, 2015)

3000+ YR Maps

Survival Maps by Dctanxman (for Yuri's Revenge) (alternative link)

Alpaca's Survival and VS Maps Collection (direct link)

Tools

Final Alert 2 - Make your own RA2/YR maps.

RA2/TS Map Renderer (latest version) (alternative link) - Convert maps to images (BMP, PNG, GIF...)

MapTool (latest version) (alternative link) - Convert TS maps to RA2 and vice-versa, snow to desert, temperate to snow, and other fun conversions)

*Want to search for a specific map in CnCNet's Map database? Copy-paste the following into the address bar of your web browser:

http://mapdb.cncnet.org/search.php?game=yr&age=0&search= (map name)

For example: http://mapdb.cncnet.org/search.php?game=yr&age=0&search=Little Big Lake

Links to other websites with RA2/YR maps

RA2Maps.zzattack.org

CnCLabs

(tags: red alert 2 maps yuri's revenge maps packs "red alert 2 maps" collection download links cnc map renderer final alert 2 map maker)

Edited by fir3w0rx
  • Upvote 2

Nice! i'll sticky

@All - Feel free to post links to other RA2/YR maps (there are a lot of them out there, I just don't have the time to do it myself), or upload your own collections. Also, feel free to sort out my unsorted maps that I linked above! :P

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

How to use these maps in the cncnet client? Usually I've just had to add them to the RA2 directory, but that doesn't do the trick for now.

Thanks.

Regards,

Yorick

Hey Yorick, just add them to your RA2 directory under Maps > Custom

my ra2 game doesnt have a maps folder.

It should have a Maps\Custom folder. Maybe something went wrong with the installation, or you're looking in the wrong folder. I suggest to re-download the client from cncnet.org and make sure that you have both RA2 AND YR installed. Once the Maps\Custom folder does exist, only copy into it the map files, without the folders.
  • Upvote 1

yep it doesnt have.

Its working perfectly btw and even download maps by other players. The only thing is that I cant manually add maps through that Maps/custom thing.

Hmmm, odd. Tell me which maps (and from which link) are you trying to add so that I can try to add them to my game when I get a chance. There might be something wrong with the maps themselves.
  • Upvote 1

yep it doesnt have.

Its working perfectly btw and even download maps by other players. The only thing is that I cant manually add maps through that Maps/custom thing.

Hmmm, odd. Tell me which maps (and from which link) are you trying to add so that I can try to add them to my game when I get a chance. There might be something wrong with the maps themselves.

There were several maps i downloaded from a link given by a player since the upload from player to server thing filed.

anyway , as much as possible the best fix would be to have the server upload thing working.

Also, I noticed that if theres a new map successfully downloaded by a player from the server(upload by another player) the player should reconnect to see the map. Otherwise even if the player had successfully gotten the map and was not able to view the preview, that player will not load when the game starts.

Ra2 and yr didn't have map folders at release.  At least mine didn't either. And still doesn't now.

I just stick my maps in the red Alers 2 folder. It's cluttered chaos, but it works.

so i just put  all maps at the ra2 folder not the yuri folder regardless of the extension?

Ra2 and yr didn't have map folders at release.  At least mine didn't either. And still doesn't now.

I just stick my maps in the red Alers 2 folder. It's cluttered chaos, but it works.

so i just put  all maps at the ra2 folder not the yuri folder regardless of the extension?

I wouldn't advise placing all the maps in the Maps > Custom folder, as some may be corrupt and the rendering might break the client.

Do a bunch at a time.  Custom maps for CnCNet YR online can be put into your game directory in the folder > Maps > Custom.  For any other online, move them out into the root of your game directory (where ra2.exe and etc live).

I wouldn't advise placing all the maps in the Maps > Custom folder, as some may be corrupt and the rendering might break the client.

Do a bunch at a time.  Custom maps for CnCNet YR online can be put into your game directory in the folder > Maps > Custom.  For any other online, move them out into the root of your game directory (where ra2.exe and etc live).

Hi.

I did that also but still when I join a game where there the new map is it still cant see it.

BTW i noticed that in my Yuri Folder there is a "Maps\Yuri's Revenge" Folder. Inside it were PNG previews of maps and maps I think but its file extension was .maps

Hi.

I did that also but still when I join a game where there the new map is it still cant see it.

BTW i noticed that in my Yuri Folder there is a "Maps\Yuri's Revenge" Folder. Inside it were PNG previews of maps and maps I think but its file extension was .maps

Those are the official maps, if you put anything in that folder they will get removed.

• 2 months later...

What's the difference between Final Alert 2 official version versus the one linked in this thread on the first page that's linked on mediafire?

Nothing. The one I linked on the first page is the official version, and as far as I can remember, it's also the last version that was released.
  • Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest G.Player

You have not to change file extension, just restart the client and map files will be renamed automatically.

Look custom maps in "standard" maps category. Not "battle" which usually shows as default.

• 1 month later...