Beginning of a new technology

Alley

"Red Alert: Beginning of a new technology" have been updated once again and it is possible to play 4 missions in total now. :)

Who don't know yet then this campaign haven't been meant to be so special if considering all kind of reinforcements, timers, animations and functions in it but more like an offline skirmish mode where the rules are the same as in Skirmish and Online menu. Only thing is that your opponent is a "little bit" different. My AI player is trying to be me offline who tries to play like me as much as possible. He will build all kind of structures and units in limit of technology level because of couple structures being captured and have also some not buildable or trainable units because of selling and collected crates. In addition, he will give an experience to the end of the missions.

You are getting tasks from a person who try to be a bullying top commander like Cyberbully or something like NODswe online who hates the "noobs" or people who may-be reminds like "noobs" if considering its commander attitude. He just will not use that much bad language and this makes him remind also the commander more like from regular Red Alert 1 missions.  :)

Mission 4 have 1 more leader who is spy hiding in his base. However, mission is to destroy all like in skirmish as always.

To play against me offline download my mix file and place it in main Red Alert 1 folder! :)

sc-alleygame1.mix

There is a little problem that you should have cared about...

SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer MIXes files must be named [glow=red,2,300]SC-[/glow][glow=yellow,2,300](Custom name or numbers)[/glow].

If you don't do that, all missions inside won't get readed by the game.  ;)

Beside that, I'll play them, then I tell something!  :)

In my computer my custom mission works correctly except after I write a name on score table because then Red Alert crashes. :) But I surely plan to fix also this problem. Needs an update. :)

Do you want to say that the game is not working for you? :huh:

Do you have the latest version of RA?

Just named the file to start the game ([glow=red,2,300]SC-[/glow] added)

It worked all fine but I thought it would have more missions. xD

I looked in your mission file and you forgot to turn on [glow=red,2,300]ONETIMEONLY[/glow].... or at the end of your mission it will show something like "Unable to read next scenario"...

And yes, I have the lasted RA and also I know how to make missions... You might want to check this:

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2243.0 Mission made by me.  :laugh:

You only forgot those 2 things. :)

Beside that... I used a Custom Rules.INI file with dificulty changes... So let's say I cheated but if I played your mission with a normal INI I think it would be hard to reach the enemy base and also would be a Very Hard mission...  xD

Thank you! :) I think that now I also know why my mission crashes after that I accomplish it. Because it tries to open a new scenario. "OneTimeOnly=yes" fixed this! :)

I'll check your mission out today after that I have fixed these 2 things which you have mentioned. :) However, I still cannot understand why I can read my mission if I have no "sc-" before my custom name in my custom mix. :huh:

This mission have been accomplished by me with normal rules and this is not so difficult at all if you use your Ore Trucks to get attention by the enemy base defences and attack while enemy base defences attack your Ore Trucks. You even don't need to lose your Ore Trucks. :)

However, I still cannot understand why I can read my mission if I have no "sc-" before my custom name in my custom mix.

The MIX must be named [glow=red,2,300]SC-[/glow][glow=yellow,2,300]@@@@@@@[/glow]

[glow=yellow,2,300]@[/glow]=Custom Name

Now your INI (mission) must be named [glow=red,2,300]CMU##EA[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]##[/glow]=Number from 0 to 999...

In your case you named [glow=red,2,300]CMU0EA.INI[/glow]. This is correct and you can play it when this file is in your game directory.

You compiled the files in a MIX...

You named it [glow=red,2,300]alleygame1.mix[/glow]. This is named incorrectly and you won't be able to play it!

To fix this: Add the SC- in the start of the name of your MIX file.

E.G.:

I named your file [glow=red,2,300]sc-alleygame1.mix[/glow]. Now this will fully work! This also happens in C&C Tiberian Dawn!

Maybe you got somehow confused...

Basically:

Having the mission INI file (Named and setted correctely)with custom TUTORIAL.INI (this is opcional), you will be able to play it! (This is when you don't want them in a MIX file)

If you decide to compile then in a MIX file, your MIX file must have a name started with [glow=red,2,300]SC-[/glow] otherwise your mission won't be showed in the CUSTOM MISSIONS Menu...

Maybe in your folder you can see some [glow=red,2,300]SC-@@@@@.MIX[/glow] files...

This is somehow hard to explain...  :(

Hope you understood!

« Reply #6.1 on: April 06, 2013, 08:22:45 pm »

I'm not sure! :huh: However, I think it also does not matter... If I want that also others can play my mission than only me. :)

Both of your mentioned mistakes have been fixed and have been replaced in first topic attachment. :) Now I just have to test it again before next update. I hope you will return when I have done mission 2 in this file. :roll:

« Reply #6.2 on: April 20, 2013, 04:40:55 pm »

"Red Alert: Beginning of a new technology" have been updated. :) Please check out my the first message in this topic! :)

« Reply #6.3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:18:59 pm »

My third update of "Red Alert: Beginning of a new technology" have been released. :) As before you can find it on the first message in this topic which have been also modified again. :)

« Reply #6.4 on: July 10, 2013, 08:12:12 pm »

"Red Alert: Beginning of a new technology" have been updated once again. ;) Please check out my updated attachment from my first post in this topic. :)