Yuri's Revenge Troubleshooter/FAQ

hardman

When playing online i experience slow/choppy/laggy gameplay

[*]Go to Client Options and under Display, select at first TS-DDRAW renderer, try a skirmish game and choose a renderer until the game is fast.

[*]Ensure your video drivers are up to date.

[*]In the client settings toggle 'videobackbuffer' on and off

[*]Try toggling 'graphics patch' on and off

[*]Try a lower resolution

[*]If lag is in online games and not skirmish, try selecting different tunnelling servers

Some of the screen is cut off when i am in game/i cannot see the side/bottom bars

Disable DPI scaling, set it back to the original 100% setting:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

If you do not wish to disable DPI scaling globally you can do it for each individual game by following the instructions below:

Command & Conquer (Tiberian Dawn):

Right click on C&C95.exe (cnc95.exe for CnCNet), click on properties, go to compatibility and check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Otherwise the game might "scale itself out of your monitor".

Red Alert:

Right click on RA95.exe (RA95-spawn.exe for CnCNet), click on properties, go to compatibility and check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Otherwise the game might "scale itself out of your monitor".

Tiberian Sun:

Right click on game.exe (game-spawn.exe for CnCNet), click on properties, go to compatibility and check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Otherwise the game might "scale itself out of your monitor".

Yuri's Revenge:

Right click on gamemd.exe (gamemd-spawn.exe for CnCNet), click on properties, go to compatibility and check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Otherwise the game might "scale itself out of your monitor".

• 2 months later...

I receive Unable to set video mode error on Windows 10 with the origin version of YR

[*]First try removing RA2MD.ini from your game directory

[*]Set your game resolution to the same as your desktop (Go to client options and click Display)

[*]Ensure your video drivers are up to date. Especially if you have just updated to Windows 10.

• 3 months later...

CnCNet has been blocked or flagged by my anti-virus.

What does this mean?

It's down to it being a false positive detection.

Often enough anti-virus software will detect a file being malicious due to either:

- It being a new file that it's not seen before or is not common enough.

- The way we protect the software from being decompiled.

This is nothing to worry about! You can often remove this block by allowing it as an exception to your Antivirus firewall.

To help us stop these alerts, you can also submit a report to your antivirus software company, they will scan the file in question and will come back to say it is false positive.

• Grant unpinned this topic