RA2/YR Error: Game files not found!

TUPAC_FAST_RAP

Question

So I downloaded and installed the origin version. I downloaded cnc net and placed cncnet5.exe into my game folder, but running it still gives me

Error: Game files not found!

Please copy cncnet5.exe into your game folder.

I tried all compatibility modes, added exception to my antivirus, turned off firewall but it's still happening.  RA2 is version 1.006 and YR is 1.001. I am using Windows 8.1.

I absolutely can't find out what's the problem, can't seem to find an instance of it happening to someone else, except this one:

I have copied the c&cnet file into the game folder but it just says (error: game files not found) and i don't know how to solve it.
type "/reset" in the game lobby

do not rename or remove any files manually

...game lobby? Can't start cncnet at all.

2 answers to this question

Hey there - first welcome and sorry to see you're having problems.

That would be our out of date info on the site, that .exe does not apply for Yuri's Revenge. The link you need is here http://cncnet.org/yuris-revenge

Download the installer, and run once downloaded. It should find your origin install directory automatically, and you're away and playing online!

Hey there - first welcome and sorry to see you're having problems.

That would be our out of date info on the site, that .exe does not apply for Yuri's Revenge. The link you need is here http://cncnet.org/yuris-revenge

Download the installer, and run once downloaded. It should find your origin install directory automatically, and you're away and playing online!

Thanks for the quick response, this is the correct way to fix my error. Thanks again.