Can't Connect To Games

Osiris88

Question

I am new to CNC, having just heard of it yesterday. I have had a hard copy of YR for years, and stopped playing years ago on XWIS servers. I decided to get back to this game and downloaded CNC. I think it's cool and everything, but when I join or host a game, I can't connect. My bar will fill during load, but none of the others fill. When we get back to lobby, the other players say I didn't load. I would like a fix to this.

I am running Windows 10 on a desktop, and I had to tamper with my AV a little bit to allow CNC to work at all. I don't know if it's an issue with the AV, but I heard CNC is still working out kinks with Windows 10. Any help would surely be appreciated.

1 answer to this question

I am new to CNC, having just heard of it yesterday. I have had a hard copy of YR for years, and stopped playing years ago on XWIS servers. I decided to get back to this game and downloaded CNC. I think it's cool and everything, but when I join or host a game, I can't connect. My bar will fill during load, but none of the others fill. When we get back to lobby, the other players say I didn't load. I would like a fix to this.

I am running Windows 10 on a desktop, and I had to tamper with my AV a little bit to allow CNC to work at all. I don't know if it's an issue with the AV, but I heard CNC is still working out kinks with Windows 10. Any help would surely be appreciated.

Hey - first welcome back.

Do you have wsock32.dll in your Red Alert 2 game directory? Make sure your AV and any firewalls are allowing gamemd-spawn.exe allowed as exceptions too.