Error during installation.

xphylum

Question

Windows 7 32-bit

3 GB of ram

Well one day I decided to play Red Alert 2 using CnCNet, but a message popped up telling me this - "CnCNetYRLauncher.exe not found. Please visit cnc-comm.com/community for support.

Well you might say "check for updates and do the 'repair game' option on Origin, then try again." (since I got it from Origin)

That didn't work either, I did install a new RA2 Update on Origin and I did do the repair game option. So I decided to try and install CnCNet for Yuri's Revenge again so maybe it will fix itself. Nope didn't work either, so I tried my last option I could think of, try launching RA2 and testing it without using CnCNet. It worked, plus I tried a skirmish map too, it was fun.

But of course the only problem here is I can't play with CnCNet / Online now. Does anyone know a fix?

8 answers to this question

xphylum

Maybe your AV deleted the CnCNetYRLauncher.exe. Using the Origin 'repair game' option won't add the CnCNetYRLauncher.exe wasn't a part of the game. It was added when you did the patch for CnC Net.

Aleem77

An IP range block may be in use if CnC Net was geting SPAMed from some IPs from pakistan. I'm not on the CnC Net team but I know they have in the past had to block a large chunk of IPs because of SPAM.

Well now there's a new problem, I can't get CnCNet for it again because during the installation it gives me an error - "C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II\CnCNetYRLauncher.exe

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:

MoveFile failed; code 2.

The system cannot find the file specified.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation."

So, i'm fucked basically?

Sounds like it requires admin privileges.  Give cncnetclient.dat and CnCNetYRLauncher.exe. Admin rights or try moving the game directory out of program Files into My Documents

How exactly? Also I reinstalled RA2 from Origin too, and tried again, didn't work.

Sounds like it requires admin privileges.  Give cncnetclient.dat and CnCNetYRLauncher.exe. Admin rights or try moving the game directory out of program Files into My Documents

How exactly? Also I reinstalled RA2 from Origin too, and tried again, didn't work.

Right click cncnetclient.dat and CnCNetYRLauncher.exe and click Properties. Check the box that says "Run program as administrator" or similar.

To move the game directory out of Program files, locate your game install and move it to My documents. So e.g

Copy - Program files > Origin Games > *Command & Conquer Red Alert 2*

Paste in My Documents >  *Command & Conquer Red Alert 2*

OK going back to your original post:

Windows 7 32-bit

3 GB of ram

Well one day I decided to play Red Alert 2 using CnCNet, but a message popped up telling me this - "CnCNetYRLauncher.exe not found. Please visit cnc-comm.com/community for support.

This is likely because your Antivirus has blocked CnCNet, you need to allow an exception to CnCNetYRLauncher. When it's not found, its likely a currupt install of CnCNet, or its been moved to a vault by your Antivirus.

Well you might say "check for updates and do the 'repair game' option on Origin, then try again." (since I got it from Origin)

This removes CnCNet, as the repair option will wipe the contents and reinstall the game fresh. CnCNet is not apart of Origin so if you did this, it would need to be reinstalled from http://cncnet.org/yuris-revenge

All this aside, i would download the installer again and try a fresh install. Failing this, I could help you via teamviewer if you are really stuck. You can private message me the details and I'll be able to assist you.