Main Executable for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 stopped working crash

CrazyGambler

Question

I have really bizzare issue, my game is crashing with Main Executable for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 stopped working right after pressing Launch Game button, error pops up twice and returns to lobby, it used to work fine, last week I tried Mental Omega played for a bit and it worked fine but this week I tried to play unmodded Red Alert 2 this error popped up, I can launch and play the game throught Origin just fine, I tried reinstalling the game and it didnt work, any one had similiar issue and is aware how to solve them, I would be grateful.

2 answers to this question

I have really bizzare issue, my game is crashing with Main Executable for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 stopped working right after pressing Launch Game button, error pops up twice and returns to lobby, it used to work fine, last week I tried Mental Omega played for a bit and it worked fine but this week I tried to play unmodded Red Alert 2 this error popped up, I can launch and play the game throught Origin just fine, I tried reinstalling the game and it didnt work, any one had similiar issue and is aware how to solve them, I would be grateful.

Hello, it sounds like something is conflicting with the two in that case.

Can you try installing a seperate install of the unmodded Red Alert 2 and try launching?

Could you also upload your cncnetclient.log file when this error occurs? It can be found in your game directory.

Ok, since I posted it I somehow managed to get the game to run using IE-DDRAW, if I chose TS-DDRAW it crashes, but in IE-DDRAW game is stuttering a bit and mouse cursor is moving in a bit choppy way, It didn't used to do that, I have tried the fixes for those issues that have been posted on this forum but it didn't help.

Can you try installing a seperate install of the unmodded Red Alert 2 and try launching?

I have tried to completely reinstall the game

Could you also upload your cncnetclient.log file when this error occurs? It can be found in your game directory

Attached to this post

cncnetclient.log