Black Screen Win10 Home

Arklash

Question

Hello everyone... I wondered if it's possible opening the original main menu on Win10, I've tried doing everything, like, really, EVERYTHING from reinstalling, patching, touching the .ini files, and Origin support... but it just keeps showing me a black screen with sound, however, when I try to play from the CnCNet Launcher, it lets me play skirmishes vs AI or PvP (Starts the game directly without passing through the main menu), so I got no issues with the skirmishes, just when I open the game with Origin's launcher, it shows a completely black screen with the sounds. Anyone knows how to fix this? I already tried too the compatibility's reduce color to 16bit, and run as admin...

2 answers to this question

Hello everyone... I wondered if it's possible opening the original main menu on Win10, I've tried doing everything, like, really, EVERYTHING from reinstalling, patching, touching the .ini files, and Origin support... but it just keeps showing me a black screen with sound, however, when I try to play from the CnCNet Launcher, it lets me play skirmishes vs AI or PvP (Starts the game directly without passing through the main menu), so I got no issues with the skirmishes, just when I open the game with Origin's launcher, it shows a completely black screen with the sounds. Anyone knows how to fix this? I already tried too the compatibility's reduce color to 16bit, and run as admin...

Hello, could you try this and let me know how it works for you?

http://grant.cncnet.org/downloads/CnCNet5_RA2YR_Launcher.exe (Once installed go to Settings > Display, and tick ddraw.)