Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge + VirtualBox + Windows XP: Strange Menu

Omid

Question

Dears,

I have Windows XP SP3 32Bit installed as the guest OS of VirtualBox. Host OS is Windows 10 Pro x64.

Origin is installed and works properly.

Red Alert 2 runs and reaches to the main menu. Then I click on Single Player and then New Campaign. Nothing happens. I click on Skirmish. Nothing happens either.

I have this issue in Yuri's Revenge as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Omid

3 answers to this question

Dears,

I have Windows XP SP3 32Bit installed as the guest OS of VirtualBox. Host OS is Windows 10 Pro x64.

Origin is installed and works properly.

Red Alert 2 runs and reaches to the main menu. Then I click on Single Player and then New Campaign. Nothing happens. I click on Skirmish. Nothing happens either.

I have this issue in Yuri's Revenge as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Omid

Hello - you should follow these instructions to get single player working. http://bitpatch.com/ddwrapper.html

If you wish to play Skirmish and Online completely hassle free without doing any of the above, you can use our installer which installs a bunch of compatiblity fixes and renderers by default to use.  Link below

https://cncnet.org/yuris-revenge

Hello,

Correct me if I am wrong but DDWrapper is required to play RA2 on Windows 8/10 not Windows XP.

As I mentioned, the game starts fine. I have no lag, ALT-TAB, or black screen issue. The only problem is the menu is not working.

Regards

Omid