Updater Error Windows 10 (gamemd-spawn.exe)

thegenix

Question

Trying to run this and am getting an updater error:

Error getting updates: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II\Updater\gamemd-spawn.exe' is denied. Please see the file client.log for more details.

I'm running it as Administrator.

client.log

6 answers to this question

Trying to run this and am getting an updater error:

Error getting updates: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II\Updater\gamemd-spawn.exe' is denied. Please see the file client.log for more details.

I'm running it as Administrator.

Hello - make sure gamemd-spawn.exe isn't running in your task manager.

If it isn't, exit the CnCNet client, delete gamemd-spawn.exe and restart the launcher. It should then redownload. 

Thanks for the quick reply.  The process is not running and I actually don't see that file anywhere.  Only files in the Updater folder are: ClientCore.dll, ClientGUI.dll, cncnetclient.dat, Interop.WMPLib.dll and Ionic.Zip.dll.

Thanks for the quick reply.  The process is not running and I actually don't see that file anywhere.  Only files in the Updater folder are: ClientCore.dll, ClientGUI.dll, cncnetclient.dat, Interop.WMPLib.dll and Ionic.Zip.dll.

I would re-run the installer, and perhaps move your game directory to the likes of My documents where admin privileges aren't required.

I moved the game to Documents and I'm getting the same error on the same file just with the different directory.  Did you mean re-run the Yuri's installer or the CNC installer?  I tried both and got no progress.

I tried un-installing the game and completely deleting the game folder.  After that I re-installed and immediately ran the CNC installer.  Same error when I try to run the updater.