Custom Maps dont show up

Knightmare

Question

I'm putting them in the maps/custom directory and they don't show up in skirmish or lobby. I can put them in the main directory and play them through the original client (origin). I know the maps work.

I was playing a map I made last night before my client updated to 3.0 and it wont show up now. Is this a 3.0 error or did I do something like later permissions on accident? I've been messing with it for hours and am getting nowhere. Any help is appreciated. I don't know a lot about custom maps either. I just started using them/making them.

3 answers to this question

I'm putting them in the maps/custom directory and they don't show up in skirmish or lobby. I can put them in the main directory and play them through the original client (origin). I know the maps work.

I was playing a map I made last night before my client updated to 3.0 and it wont show up now. Is this a 3.0 error or did I do something like later permissions on accident? I've been messing with it for hours and am getting nowhere. Any help is appreciated. I don't know a lot about custom maps either. I just started using them/making them.

Have you looked under the different game type. Only .maps will work, so make sure your custom maps are named .map and not .yrm

I didn't know that about the file extension. I don't see anything about that anywhere. The only thing I could find on this issue was here:

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=4261.0

The guy even says that they are ymr, so that's what I made all of them. Sure enough, making them map fixed it for most of them but I can figure out the rest.

Thanks for the fast response!

I didn't know that about the file extension. I don't see anything about that anywhere. The only thing I could find on this issue was here:

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=4261.0

The guy even says that they are ymr, so that's what I made all of them. Sure enough, making them map fixed it for most of them but I can figure out the rest.

Thanks for the fast response!

Maps might be under a different game type. See attached

gametype.png.251e288930eacbe3ab69442e3038c848.png