Updater Error

Tschitschibor

Question

Error getting updates: Executing preudpateexec (sic) failed. See client.log for details.

Please see the file Launcher.log for more details (that file doesn't exist in my RA2 folder).

I have unblocked CnCNetClientYR.exe from Windows Firewall. Still the same issue.

The windows YR Updater reads "Yuri's Revenge is currently being updated to version N/A." This sounds not right.

I will attach the log files that I have.

I have my PC and my Laptop here, and I have the First Decade on Origin. I'm trying to set up a game between those two PCs. Does it work with just one CD key, using the origin install on both PCs? Or will it fail because of CD keys? I'm not asking to get this game for free, it's just I want to test it, and if we need another game, my brother will buy one for himself. Also can you install YR multiple times on one PC from different origin accounts and with different CD keys? The questions in this paragraph are not that important, right now I have to solve the Updater Error. But if you know answers for this, too, it is much appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

3 answers to this question

Error getting updates: Executing preudpateexec (sic) failed. See client.log for details.

Please see the file Launcher.log for more details (that file doesn't exist in my RA2 folder).

I have unblocked CnCNetClientYR.exe from Windows Firewall. Still the same issue.

The windows YR Updater reads "Yuri's Revenge is currently being updated to version N/A." This sounds not right.

I will attach the log files that I have.

I have my PC and my Laptop here, and I have the First Decade on Origin. I'm trying to set up a game between those two PCs. Does it work with just one CD key, using the origin install on both PCs? Or will it fail because of CD keys? I'm not asking to get this game for free, it's just I want to test it, and if we need another game, my brother will buy one for himself. Also can you install YR multiple times on one PC from different origin accounts and with different CD keys? The questions in this paragraph are not that important, right now I have to solve the Updater Error. But if you know answers for this, too, it is much appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

Looks like you're on a really old version - use this to reinstall - https://downloads.cncnet.org/CnCNet5_YR_Installer.exe