Check If You Cannot Play Dune2000

Aladdin

Hello Everyone,

As the title says, if you got a problem running Dune2000 then all you have to do is simply follow these steps and you will have the game running in no time:

1- Right Click on the Start Button > Apps and Features > On the right side click on Programs and Features > On Left side Click on Turn Windows features on or off > Check Legacy Components + DirectPlay > Click OK. [Without DirectPlay you cannot play the game].

2- Visit This link: https://cncnet.org/dune-2000#download then click on Download and Play Online then scroll down and click on Download Gruntmods Edition 1.6.2.2 (50407 downloads) .

3- Install the game by following instructions.

4- Open the launcher and click on Configure Settings > Click on Video Options and set this setting to be the same as the following picture:

59514d9e6d7b7_Dune200Settings.png.61175cb7cd50829e471a93793c3ec4c4.png

Note: * For some people, this might not work well for them so you need to play a bit with it in order to make it work perfectly for you. * You can choose the preferred resolution as you find best for yourself.

5- Before you Launch the game and see if it works or not, click on Check for Updates. The current version is 1.6.2.2 for both local and online.

6- Click on Launch Campaign. If the game doesn't open and don't give any errors then check your Protection, for example, my Bitdefender gave me this notice:

59514f61ceee4_Protectionnotification.png.819a54998cb679b13b54a602a760fa77.png

I simply clicked on Allow and Monitor and the game opened when I click on Launch Campaign again.

7- Click on Launch Multiplayer and the game will go through some updates then open a small window you can then choose to play Online, Lan or Skirmish.

8- Have fun and enjoy your time playing Dune2000 and if possible don't forget to donate for CnCNet because they did a great job bringing all this legend games in one place.

Thank you and God Bless you.

Sincerely,

Aladdin Marzouk