Change.Org Petition: Make Electronic Arts sell the Command&Conquer franchise to a competent RTS developer

Giganom

Hi everyone. 

My name is Paul, I have been a life long fan of Command and Conquer. C&C as a franchise really got me into PC gaming. I would spend countless hours playing and replaying the single player campaigns and skirmish matches. From the OG through Red Alert 2 and onward I have played them all and enjoyed most of them. I am sure which ones you figure I didn't care for. When EA bought Westwood studios I couldn't possibly imagine what might become of the franchise at the time. Slowly over time EA managed to chip away at all of the foundational elements that made C&C what it was. As news broke that Generals 2 was being scrapped I was devastated. I figured at the very least EA couldn't hurt a franchise that was dead. Yesterday During the EA Play conference I felt a knife being jabbed into the collective gut of the C&C community. Rivals is a fate worse that death. Friends I know it might not seem like much but I have started a Change.Org petition. I would appreciate it if you could sign it and show your support. With enough of us we can show our collective displeasure and maybe force a change in their behavior. Even if that change is to finally let C&C go quietly into that good night. 

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-make-electronic-arts-sell-the-command-conquer-franchise-to-a-competent-rts-developer?recruiter=451214314&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition

Thank you for reading this and hopefully with your support we can make ourselves heard! 

#NotMyCNC

• Confused 1

I think they are unlikely to sell it... unless another big game developer offers a lot of money...

What they need to do is give it to a passionate developer within their umbrella & just let them make a good C&C without corporate EA interference. No paid DLC, “free to play” horse shit, etc.

It’s a fairly niche market RTS games, nowadays, (with the exception of Korean esports)

So I wouldn’t say there is a large profit margin. I don’t imagine it’s worth investing large sums of money in, like in Battlefield for example.

I think the best we can hope for at this stage is a Red Alert 2 Remastered, Similar to the Age of Empires game.

Although they could use the IP to make a cool profitable games, for example combining something like Battlefield 2142 & Tiberian Sun together. But yeah, nah they’d rather make forgettable mobile games instead. ?