About RA online - Some error in Mission

loveu8

I downloaded Ra1 from http://redalert1.com/ .

I play under windows 7 x64-zh. There are some bug is this. Need you to help me.

-

1.When I pass the Allies Mission 4.  I can chose Allies Mission 5A?5B?5C. If I chose the Mission 5B . The Ra95 will be shut down.

Mission5B.jpg

-

2.In  Soviet Mission 6A. If I occupy or destroy  allies base's  Construction Yard or Power Plant . Ra95 will be shut down . But if you don't occupy or destroy. You will not occur this questions.

a26c25239b960b0d271734359c539eb5.JPG

---

Thanks you.

I download the RA1 from the link and did not get the same error with the Allied missions. Have not tried the Soviet 6A.

Nyerguds maybe able to read the error code and tell what it is. Also it looks like your playing on a Vista or Win 7 OS. The errors maybe do to that this RA1 dose not have any compatibility modes set on it.

I will take this RA1 to my Win 7 PC and see if it is Win 7 causing the error.

I've never had an error on the mission selection screen like you had in my 10 years of modding RA1. I've had corrupted mission error come up but a corrupted mission dose not give an error like you have. A corrupted mission will say so in the RA1 blue box like the pause menu.

Since the error is not found in DOS RA1 I think it is do to Win 7. I will try it on my Win 7 PC and see if it will happen. I didn’t have time today but will soon. If it happens on my Win7 PC I will see if I can find a way to fix it.

You have and can play Red Dawn just fine and Red Dawn has a few compatibility modes set when it is installed on to a Vista/Win 7 PC. You may need to have the same compatibility modes from Red Dawn "

RA-1 to C&C95.exe" applied to the "ra95.exe". I will know more when I try it on Win 7 PC.

I can see where it crashed, but I haven't got a clue how that RA distribution is built though...

If this occurs when going to an enemy base, are you sure it's not just because you crushed a fence? If I remember correctly, there's a bug that crashes the game if you make a tracked vehicle crush a fence on the top row of the map.

I can see where it crashed, but I haven't got a clue how that RA distribution is built though...

Oh c'mon! It has a full readme included with all the modifications. If you install the music and video addons, it doesn't have anything stripped anymore, it was only splitted.

loveu8.

Soviet 6A has the same bug as GDI7 had in Red Dawn before I remade the map. Also Red Dawn use a modded Soviet 6A so it will have the same bug as well.

If you look at the pic of the mission editor you can see the left side has 5 squares that are off the playable ingame map but the top only has one. Any time a unit enters the last playable squares on the top or fires on one of them it causes the game to crash. The game needs 3 or more squares around all sides of the map.

The way to fix this is to resize the map. It will make it smaller. This was somthing I could not do with GDI7 for Red Dawn. Download the SC-MIS.mix and put it into the Redalert folder like you did with the movies, music and expansions packs. It should fix Soviet 6A.

The Allied 5B bug. I do not know what is wrong.

MAP.png.0be34ba30b20b73b02f6260e5a589bed.png

SC-MIS.mix

Allen. Thank your test.

-

By you explain. I know Soviet 6A's map at the top need more space to save in the map. Make sure the map don't occur error.

I test put  your SC-MIS.mix in RA 3.03 without other packs. It is ok. But I put RA 3.03 with all packs still get the same error.

-

The Allied 5B bug. Let it be. Maybe someday,someone will find the error and fix it.

You do great.

I tested with all packs and I'm not getting an error. Make sure when you start Soviet 6A that there are 4 Rifle Soldiers by the Convoy Trucks. If the Rifle Soldiers are not there restart the mission, do not use saved games as they have saved the bug in them, you must restart the mission.

However I did get the allied 5B to error. The error is in the ra95.exe from the expansions.zip. The ra95.exe from the expansions.zip need to be fixed. The bug is not in the ra95.exe from the (online version) onky in the ra95.exe from the expansions.zip.

O_o, I restart the mission, I see Rifle Soldiers. It work fine. No more error.

--

I remember now.

One month ago, I found a item about Red Alert 1. It is "Optimized *.mixs (v1) for Command & Conquer: Red Alert ".

It is Optimized  by Sonarpulse .

I recover the file in my Ra 3.03. The allied 5B no more error get  occur.

--

the link :http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=1612.0

The last file update is July 12, 2011

--

Thank you Allen.

Oh c'mon! It has a full readme included with all the modifications. If you install the music and video addons, it doesn't have anything stripped anymore, it was only splitted.

I never downloaded or installed it, hifi. Been busy with tons of non-C&C related stuff lately.

I never downloaded or installed it, hifi. Been busy with tons of non-C&C related stuff lately.

Oh c'mon! Do something fun once in a while!