Connection Test Failed, Please make sure CnCNet is allowed in your Firewall/Anti-Virus or games will not connect

Soundwave967

Hi. I've been playing this game a lot, but just recently I bought a new computer, and It keeps giving me the same error when I do LAN "Connection Test Failed, Please make sure CnCNet is allowed in your Firewall/Anti-Virus or games will not connect." This is a new problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. I checked both my anti-viruses and made sure it was allowed through my firewall. I can still play the global game, but due to my EXTREMELY slow internet (80KBs download speed average) I can't connect to anyone, not even people in my same house. I used to be able to do both LAN and online on my old computer easily, but now online barely works, and LAN won't work, so It renders the program unusable. I was hoping someone could help me soon, because this is one of my favorite games, and I'd hate to lose it.

Not sure why that would happen, but you can try the following:

On CnCNet, go to Settings->CnCNet->Game Settings and change your game port (try 8055).

If it still doesn't work, try to run CnCNet as admin once.

If it still doesn't work, try to install CnCNet again but this time install it to a different folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the advice, but for some reason none of these 3 solutions worked. I'm still getting the same error, and I don't know what to do next.

-EDIT-

My old computer was windows 7, and my new one is windows 10, not sure if that helps, but it might.

Edited by Soundwave967