Storyline mission freezes

andyb

Hi - I have just re-purchased RA2 after 20 years and first wanted to say thanks to anyone who created this loader, it's awesome to be playing RA2 again.

I am using the EA Origins packs with the CNCnet loader and in multiplayer or skirmish mode everything is perfect. My issue is when I try and use the EA Origin app to play the storyline missions the games visuals freeze (sound and the mission continues as I usually hear my troops being slaughtered) . The trigger seems to be when there are too many troops moving on the same screen (so usually at the best bit of the mission) and the only fix is to force close the app and restart the mission.

Any help would be appreciated

Andy

I actually had this happen too as I just got into Red Alert 2 recently. So far, the GDI renderer seems to be working best for me. One of the others (I can't remember which) resulted in the game not even starting. And another resulted in a black screen after using Alt-Tab.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this problem no matter how many patches and DDrawapper downloads I try, So just to confirm, if I change the renderer in the CnCNet Client, it will affect my Origin launcher version of the single player game, and fix my every 20 min or so crashes? I've seen streamers playing stable... but never can get a good answer, or everyone just talks about the ini files and patches I've tried and all don't work. 

Thanks as well! 

12 minutes ago, DistortionUltra said:

I've had this problem no matter how many patches and DDrawapper downloads I try, So just to confirm, if I change the renderer in the CnCNet Client, it will affect my Origin launcher version of the single player game, and fix my every 20 min or so crashes? I've seen streamers playing stable... but never can get a good answer, or everyone just talks about the ini files and patches I've tried and all don't work. 

Thanks as well! 

yes