Wow! CnC has been revived?! I have questions...

LeisureTime

The original CnC was one of my favorite video games of all time, and I just found out it's been reworked for Windows 10.

It looks like you can buy it as an "EA App" or from Steam. Is one better than the other? (Many years ago I had issues with Steam and swore I'd never use them again, but maybe things have changed.)

The options are Join for $4 a month or Buy for $20. If I join I guess I would have to keep the subscription forever in order to play single player mode?

Thanks!

CnC has been revived? It was never dead!

The original C&C is freeware and you can download it here. It comes with the unofficial patch that allows you to play multiplayer online through CnCnet.

On 3/12/2022 at 3:09 AM, LeisureTime said:

It looks like you can buy it as an "EA App" or from Steam. Is one better than the other? (Many years ago I had issues with Steam and swore I'd never use them again, but maybe things have changed.)

If you're talking about the Remastered Collection which is available on Steam, then yes, you can get it there. In my opinion, it's worth reinstalling Steam just for this one game to experience your favorite C&C in its full remastered glory. If you hate Steam for giving you issues before, then consider being able to play this remaster as its redemption.