Options menu out of sync Red Alert 2 [Solved]

Pisto

Hello there my options menu in Red Alert 2 seems to be out of sync and the options cannot be changed either. I first changed the settings on CNCnet, and next opened Red Alert 2 but found this on the options menu.

Please any assistance would be grateful.

Screenshot (211).png

Edited by Pisto
Title Change

54 minutes ago, Sam-I-am said:

You only need to change the settings in CnCNet.
It doesn't matter how it looks in the game's options menu. You can ignore it. :)

The problem is when I play Red Alert 2 Campaign the game speed doesn't change.
For example on CnCNet I had the game speed at 5. I loaded RA2 campaign and found the game speed not running on 5.
Loaded up CnCNet again, and changed the game speed to 6, loaded up RA2 campaign again and the game speed wasn't running on 6!

On 9/6/2023 at 6:52 PM, Pisto said:

on CnCNet I had the game speed at 5

I think you changed the scroll rate (mouse), not the game speed. :)

As we can see in the pic above, there's no option for game speed in that menu.
That option is available only in Skirmish (Single Player => Skirmish => Game Speed), and 
on CnCNet, there are 7 game speed levels, measured in FPS, unlike the scroll rate which is 1-6, so you were confusing scroll rate with game speed. It happens. :D

You can change game speed for Online mode and Skirmish seperatly from game settings in each mode.

For Campaign:

Edited by Sam-I-am

2 hours ago, Sam-I-am said:

I think you changed the scroll rate (mouse), not the game speed. :)

As we can see in the pic above, there's no option for game speed in that menu.
That option is available only in Skirmish (Single Player => Skirmish => Game Speed), and 
on CnCNet, there are 7 game speed levels, measured in FPS, unlike the scroll rate which is 1-6, so you were confusing scroll rate with game speed. It happens. :D

You can change game speed for Online mode and Skirmish seperatly from game settings in each mode.

For Campaign:

Unfortunately, that Forum post did not work. (The one you linked me to)

I made the RA2 shortcut and added -speedcontrol in the correct area as fir3w0rx stated: shortcut icon > shortcut tab > Target
I tried running the RA2 shortcut directly in Administrator mode and not in Administrator mode. Didn't work
I tried running it through the EA app Launcher. Did not work
I tried loading a new campaign mission entirely, with no success in a change.
I tried it with -SPEEDCONTROL in caps, running it in both Admin and non-Admin modes. But with no success.
Here's how it looks on the pause menu in the campaign and here's how I typed out the command line in the shortcut.
In the pause menu of the campaign mission "Liberty" there is no Game Speed option.

image.thumb.png.1031e5454610c495aed8b8516561fda8.png

image.png.8acd9581dc3a188d3c4ab4df1970f88a.png

Edited by Pisto
Trying to change text color to default and adding more detail of methods i tried running RA2 in.
  • Check 1

[SOLVED]

Using HxD a Hex Editor, I found through forums that by going to offset 115439 and changing the side-by-side bytes of 74 07 to 90 90.
It Enabled the game speed bar to appear in the options menu of the campaign.

Unfortunately, the option to add "-speedcontrol" to a shortcut wasn't an option and I had to learn how to select, copy/paste, and edit Hex Decimals to do this feat.

Here is proof

image.thumb.png.382428811123a5634123d07aca7842e4.png

Edited by Pisto
Adding image

• Pisto changed the title to Options menu out of sync Red Alert 2 [Solved]