[Question][Map Building]Tech Secret Lab Question: How Do I Use it?

69=Neutral,CASLAB,256,177,188,64,None,1,0,1,0,0,None,None,None,0,0
70=Neutral,CASLAB,256,177,185,64,None,1,0,1,0,0,None,None,None,0,0
71=Neutral,CASLAB,256,177,182,64,None,1,0,1,0,0,None,None,None,0,0

I found a post here regarding the Secret Lab but I don't know what should I do with that information. I found this in the .yrm extension but I still cant figure out where to put the secretinfantry?

I added some Tech Secret Lab on my map but it is empty when I captured it.

that looks like the entries on the list of buildings in a map, used to dictate building coords, owner, etc

the secret lab stuff is in rulesmd.ini under the [General] header. the vanilla entries are

SecretInfantry=SNIPE,TERROR,DESO,YURI
SecretUnits=TNKD,TTNK,DTRUCK
SecretBuildings=GTGCAN

which means the game will pick one of these techtypes at random to give to the player upon capturing it. being a rules.ini entry, it is of course possible to add and edit these entries in the mapside ini

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, McPwny said:

that looks like the entries on the list of buildings in a map, used to dictate building coords, owner, etc

the secret lab stuff is in rulesmd.ini under the [General] header. the vanilla entries are

SecretInfantry=SNIPE,TERROR,DESO,YURI
SecretUnits=TNKD,TTNK,DTRUCK
SecretBuildings=GTGCAN

which means the game will pick one of these techtypes at random to give to the player upon capturing it. being a rules.ini entry, it is of course possible to add and edit these entries in the mapside ini

Thanks a lot for your help!! I'm feeling really confused because I don't know what to do, haha. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply :) Now I understand the coords because I put them next to each other.

I'm having trouble finding the rulesmd.ini and [General] header. They're not in the .yrm file or the game folder files. I'm even finding it hard to understand the finalalert2 INI stuff too. I'm thinking of giving up on this, haha. 💔 I just can't seem to figure it out. Anyway, I really want to thank you for helping me :) I hope you're having a great day. Cheers!

it is its own dedicated .ini file that you can find by using xcc mixer and looking in ra2md.mix and then the localmd sub mix. once you see it it will all make sense, and all youve got to do is take the [genera] header i mentioned and the three lines i mentioned and put them in your map file. via text editor or via the ini editor built into fa2 both work fine