RA2 & YR install on Win 11 from CDs

geotom

I managed to get these working with cncnet on a couple of win 10 systems however I'm stuggling to repeat the process with win 11.

I contacted EA Origin about a download link with my box keys but they state it's now a sunset game, so I suggested they release it open source as the previous games :)

Is there any current fix or workaround foe cds to win 11?

Thanks,

George

To think Ra2 is almost 25 years old today is crazy! And still no other RTS can touch it. EA needs to open source these games. Maybe we can get an influx of more players this way. Not sure if this would mean the ability to better mod the game. Perhaps we could get an HD texture pack mod but also perhaps more cheats for online games, so probably a double edged sword.

Sorry I don't know of a fix for CD installs on Windows 11. I've got the game downloaded through Origin.

Also I just checked and the C&C Ultimate collection is on sale for only $8.00usd on Steam! Could be a good option.

Main problem with CD's is overcoming the problem with the DRM (Digital Rights Management) and its driver, which Microsoft decided to disable in 2015.

I struggled time ago to develop a workaround to make these CD's work on Windows 10, and actually worked, but EA/Youtube didn't like it so much and removed the video.

Although I re-uploaded it on Rumble, I don't think it wouldn't work on Windows 11, and considering you can get the whole game for like 8€ since is out on Steam, I think it's pointless to try to keep using the CD's unless you are a true enthusiast and have an old WinXP system.

Cheers

Edited by XMaDTanKX aka T-90

18 hours ago, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

I think it's pointless to try to keep using the CD's unless you are a true enthusiast and have an old WinXP system.

It's like listening to music on vinyl. On CD the units just respond better and the game feels more....alive!

• Haha 1

Thanks everyone, I've purchased for the €8 on steam :)

I'd rather do anything than give the gits my money again but win 11 looks a step too far for my old discs!

Cheers

George

• Upvote 1