Improved AI

Dasha

Hi;

Today, I did a quick skirmish after few months (possibly more than a year).

I selected an "easy" AI and noticed that it built structures and units I was surprised to see. Namely, a gap generator and a chrono-tank (meaning it created the chronosphere).

posted image

You can see on the above image a chrono-tank built by the AI (blue).

As CncNet improved the AI so that it can build more advanced structures and units ? 

I think I remember, as a kid playing RA Retaliation on PS1, that I saw once AI building an advanced soviet tech center + Tanya but I'm not sure at all.

Maybe I was lucky in the game I played today that the AI built these advanced structures and units...

D

Edited by Dasha

The stock AI can build Chrono Tanks as it only needs the Allied Tech Center and Tayna needs any Tech Center in MP games. The AI 99% of the time will sell of any Tech Center right away after building it. Also skirmish games need to go on for quite a while before the AI dose build a Tech Center.

Hi, the Ra1 AI is pretty simple specifically in skirmish mode, they don't create teams or whatsoever, also don't expect they would use the Chrono Tanks, Tanya, and other special units the way they are meant to be used.

All the Ra1 AI can do is, ramdomly, create units, men, tanks, etc and in a random elapsed time, they all go 'all to hunt' mode which means they send all their stuff to randomly kill your units/buildings, usually starting with the Ore Trucks, meanwhile they keep creating more units, men, tanks, and in a random elapsed time you may receive a second wave, and even build some planes and copters in late game. That is the Ra1 AI exactly and it has not improved in the remaster.

I am completely unaware of any mods being able to improve the AI in RA1, I hope someone can sum it up.