Origin Compatible?

hehfest1

I already have red alert c & c downloaded on my computer, but I have to login to origin first in order to play it (own these games through them since i could not re-install on my system the old discs). Will I still need to install separately in order to play here? My guess is yes, I will. Please explain! Thanks!

Install the game via origin, then use the patcher from here -> http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/

choose patch existing installation -> it will create a shortcut to a new game launcher on the desktop

It will work online just fine (and you also get a high res patch and more cool things)

Thanks Funky! I already have RA C&C installed on my computer from Origin. I have to log into Origin in order for it to run though. Should I simply download the patch? I assume just put the patch in the general RA folder then, or should it be in a subfolder? Where should the patch go?

I'm having a problem with this one, actually.  The freeware version works great and fine, but I just bought the Ultimate collection off Origin, and it doesn't launch into windowed mode, nor does it let me adjust my resolution, and the colors come out broken.

I think the lobby works, but it's incredibly difficult to play without functioning windowed mode.

@hehfest1:

Check the game speed settings in the config (you can get there via  the launcher) or change the speed while the game is running (top left)

@AndarielHalo:

use the updater from here http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/

but if you got the working freeware installed already then there is no need to use the origin version, it wont have any advantages :)

I'd just like to have the Origin version working for consistency's sake.  And also to cut down on disk space, though that's not a big deal at the moment.

I did the update, and the Origin version now works fine, but only in fullscreen.  Windowed still has same problems

iunno what you mean by that    I used the Launcher and the config and fiddled with all the settings as much as possible, but it still doesn't work... but only for the Origin version, so I'm assuming that there's a problem with the Origin version being put into a window