TS stuck at menu screen

Lych

Question

Hey all new user here, I have downloaded the full game from this site and when I try to play, it loads up to the menu in full screen I pick TS or Firestorm then go to the menu then when I pick anything else a grey bar comes in the middle (vertical) and nothing happens after that. I have run in troubleshoot comp in win 98 ME and ran it as admin but still the same. I dont know what to do next :(

(modified) sorry forgot to say im using win 7 64bit

Please help

Lych

8 answers to this question

That's odd, this usually happens only on Win8.

If you feel like testing something you can see if this installer I made for TS works for you, it contains community patches and such that makes the game run a lot better on modern systems: http://tore29.com/tsins/TSinstaller3-beta8r3.exe it's a beta version so it might have issues. If you find any issues with it please tell me. If it gets enough positive feedback it will replace the one currently on the site.

That's odd, this usually happens only on Win8.

If you feel like testing something you can see if this installer I made for TS works for you, it contains community patches and such that makes the game run a lot better on modern systems: http://tore29.com/tsins/TSinstaller3-beta8r3.exe it's a beta version so it might have issues. If you find any issues with it please tell me. If it gets enough positive feedback it will replace the one currently on the site.

It asks for a CD when I try to launch it, and I don't have one. Is there a fix for this?

Go to the settings and enable No CD.

Oh, I didn't know there was a configuration file. And wow, everything works flawlessly now, I can even use the widescreen resolution.

Thank you for your hard work Tore!

EDIT: I have a few question about that configuration tool:

1. What does the "Graphics patch" do?

2. What's the best render option for smooth and stable gameplay?

Thanks