Tore

Middlemoor

Question

Maybe you can help me. I'm trying to run Firestorm in Win 8, on a laptop. I have managed to find settings using your launcher that allow the game to work, but it's still very slow.

What could I possibly do? I've tried all the options and every single resolution available to me.

5 answers to this question

I've tried pretty much all the settings in your launcher, I tried your alternative game.exe and I tried putting your ddraw.dll in the folder.

It loads the game on some resolutions/settings, but then it lags in-game. Pretty much unplayable.

Glad you're here btw!

Can you provide the link to where you downloaded this stuff? I'm not quite sure what you mean with "your" game.exe and "your" ddraw.dll as I have made none of that stuff.

The only way to get my launcher is through this installer and it and the install package and components are unfinished (it's a beta version): http://tore29.com/tsins/TSinstaller3-beta8r3.exe

The only way I get good framerates on TS on Win8 (and on Win7) is using ts-ddraw, but that is also experimental and it might crash the game after 10 mins of play.

You posted the links in various threads. I kinda followed your posts around, hoping to get to the bottom of it.

I had your launcher and so far it's the closest I've gotten to the game working.

I think you're right that I got the game to work using ts-ddraw, but the framerate was poor. I wish there was some way to get the game to work but I think this laptop + O.S makes it impossible short of doing something like setting up a virtual machine maybe...

Good news is that Red Alert works. ;)