Generals - Badges?

VamPyroX

What's the purposes of those badges?

What do they do?

I was reading through FAQs, tips, and cheats for Command & Conquer games. One that I came across was "Hack: All Badges" where you modify the SKIRMISHSTATS.INI file...

BestWinStreak = 999

Challenge = 0

Honors = 999999999999999

LastHouse = China

LoyalGames = 999

Nuke = 100

PPC = 100

SCUD = 100

WinStreak = 999

Wins = 999

... and 23 different map files "xxx.map_4=100".

What do they do for you?

• 1 month later...

Nothing, it's just bragging rights pretty much. I wanted to see if changing the .ini file changed it in game one time so I changed it to something stupid like 9999999999 wins. It worked.

I've beaten most maps on 1 vs Max AI player Brutal/Hard so I have all the maps with the "xxx.map_4=100" thing. You can find the map file/name of the map and effectively add in the entry in the config file and it will show up as a gold badge or silver/platinum blue badge in game for defeating the map on Hard or on Hard with max players, all AI against you.

Nothing, it's just bragging rights pretty much. I wanted to see if changing the .ini file changed it in game one time so I changed it to something stupid like 9999999999 wins. It worked.

I've beaten most maps on 1 vs Max AI player Brutal/Hard so I have all the maps with the "xxx.map_4=100" thing. You can find the map file/name of the map and effectively add in the entry in the config file and it will show up as a gold badge or silver/platinum blue badge in game for defeating the map on Hard or on Hard with max players, all AI against you.

Just bragging rights? They don't give you extra "Generals" points to spend? They don't make the game easier or harder? They don't boost your gameplay or anything? Just makes you look "better"?

Just bragging rights? They don't give you extra "Generals" points to spend? They don't make the game easier or harder? They don't boost your gameplay or anything? Just makes you look "better"?

Yup, you can change the .ini file and it is just config settings for the interface in the skirmish set up menus. It's almost like a progress tracker of sorts and doesn't hold any cheating/modding wait really. It might even be possible to change the interface slightly to add custom badges for defeating say, a team of 7 Hard AI teamed up against you on your own; although in my experience of doing that it has crashed my game due to some buggy AI coding on certain maps (Death Valley mainly).

I have made my own large maps on world builder years ago and got the AI scripting doing stuff very clever. I had the easy AI playing like the hard AI and the hard Ai playing like..well, like a God. was stupid hard to even get a single unit near their base without it being spotted and you would always be attacked from an angle you didn't expect. I made the damn script and I couldn't even beat what I created lol. Effectively "learnt" what you did and didn't repeat mistakes it made either. Spent like a year making it though and I got bored a lot during making it but it made for fun games.