Tiberian Sun (BLACK SCREEN)

number_47

Question

hi!

Firstly I would just like to thank the people who are responsible for this whole project, I loved the C&C games when I was growing up and to be able to now play them again online using my modern PC is a dream come true.  You have my eternal gratitude and I will definitely be donating to support this project.

Now to my problem, I have been able to play the original C&C and Red Alert without any issues whatsoever, however when I launch single player on Tiberian Sun I just get a black screen, however I can still hear all the games sounds. I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

I have tried all the compatibility modes and run the program as administrator but this has not helped. I looked through some old threads and it appears other users had the same problem and they were told it was the installer that was the issue and posted a link to a different installer. Unfortunately the links have expired and I cannot use them, so I wonder if somebody can maybe re-post the link or perhaps help in another way.

Either way I very much appreciate any help with this. TS was the only C&C game I never played back in the day and really would like to get it running.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Let me guess, nvidia graphics card? The most threads you can find here on the forums are about the windows8 problem (which has been solved already)

The windows7 + nvidia card problem is not solved yet, you can try to get an older version of the drivers or try some workarounds. Here is a tutorial for ra2 (skip the first steps and only change your graphic card), this only works if you have multiple graphic cards tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hojMNk93PoU

i have managed to get this working. To anybody else having the issue, there is a link on these forums for a dl.draw  file that you need to place in your game directory. It now runs perfectly. I have provided a link to the thread.... scroll down the thread and download iran's link to the ddraw file, all other stuff is irrelevant

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2583.0