Red Alert crash. Need to give a file to Iran

Stellar Fungk

Hello there. I'm new here and my name is Stellar Fungk.

My game just crashed after I loaded a save. After the crash a message appeared and told me to give a file to someone called Iran. So how do I do that?

And why does Red Alert crash? When I played the original C&C (95) it never crashed.

Update:

Ok, now I have a second file to give to Iran. Happend again after I wanted to load a save during a mission.

What savegame did you try to load? Are you sure the savegame was made with the same game resolution as the resolution you have been using while trying to load it?

I'm not sure. But I think so.

I will try saving a game with current resolution and then load it.

Update:

It crashed again. And this time I'm sure that the savegame was in the same resolution as the resolution I've been using while trying to load it.

I can load from the main menu but I can't load during a mission.

Update 2:

I can only load a game from the main menu when starting the game. If I abort a mission and try to load a savegame from the main menu it crashes. So basically, I can't load a game for the second time.

I have seen this before and it was related to mod work done in a Theater.mix or changing a civ building that are stored in the Theater.mix-es.

The last time I know I seen this is when I tried to change Ore to Tiberium and put the new Ore .shp files into a SC-****.mix.

I have seen this before and it was related to mod work done in a Theater.mix or changing a civ building that are stored in the Theater.mix-es.

The last time I know I seen this is when I tried to change Ore to Tiberium and put the new Ore .shp files into a SC-****.mix.

But I haven't changed anything. I just reinstalled the game today with the Red Alert installer.

I cannot reproduce it, tried to load multiple times and no crash for me :( What mission was it? Was it a interior one maybe?

If you don't know the missions number, here are pictures of all missions

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97634864@N04/sets/

Edit:

Can you upload the crash dump file for me? A savegame in 640x400 would be nice to have too

It's Allies mission 3 (not interior). After the first crash message comes a second message something about memory.

I originally played with full resolution 1024x768 but I made a save game in 640x400 (which crashes also) as you said and I will attach both the dump file in 1024x768 and the savegame file in 640x400.

Update:

I'm sorry but the site won't let me upload the savegame.

ra95crash.dmp

Ah, I justed tested it and i could load savegames made with different resolutions, so that can't be the problem :) But i don't really know what it is about, never tested around with savegames that much. Can you upload your settings file too (redalert.ini), maybe I can load it using the excatly same settings as you, would be cool to find out what is causing it!

Ah, I justed tested it and i could load savegames made with different resolutions, so that can't be the problem :) But i don't really know what it is about, never tested around with savegames that much. Can you upload your settings file too (redalert.ini), maybe I can load it using the excatly same settings as you, would be cool to find out what is causing it!

Ok.  :)

redalert.ini

Still no crash, no idea what it could be. You could try to use RA1installer to do a fresh Full Web-Installation into a different folder and see if it happens there too. This way we would at least know if it has something to do with TFD. You can keep your TFD install too, the new installation wont touch registry keys or anything that could break your TFD

Still no crash, no idea what it could be. You could try to use RA1installer to do a fresh Full Web-Installation into a different folder and see if it happens there too. This way we would at least know if it has something to do with TFD. You can keep your TFD install too, the new installation wont touch registry keys or anything that could break your TFD

This solution worked. Now the game won't crash anymore. Thank you!  :D