Multiplayer spawns less random in TD now?

MattAttack

I was absent from cncnet for a while, but I've been playing a little bit more lately and it sure seems like the spawn points are a lot less random.  I played the same map like 3 times in a row in a 1v1 and we both spawned in the same place each time.  Am I trippin?  If something has been done to de-randomize the spawning, can that be optional, or is it a permanent part of the .exe now?

I can't find it either, but the gist of it is that the random starts we're used to, where you could be right next to each other (on Green Acres f.ex.), are somehow 'fixed' -- the game places players as far away as possible... Well, it places player one somewhere, and then places the second player as far away as possible from that. I'm not sure though whether this hasn't been remedied already?

Well, due to the overwhelming response to this post, I guess it's not a priority ;) But it seems pretty much confirmed.  Bummer because a close start once in a while mixed it up a bit.  I guess that aspect of gameplay has gone the way of the dodo.