No lan patch visible on settings RA1 and multiplayer inactive

Algernon

Question

Installation  made by web complete , windows 7 64 bits sp1; works fine on other similar computers of the family W7 and even XP but not on mine.

I do not understand !

Thks for any help :-)

Of course tried without firewalla nd anti viruses and so on but failed

4 answers to this question

LAN patch was removed cause it is freezing windows 10 and you can play LAN games via the cncnet lobby now

If you don't want to play LAN via the cncnet online lobby for any reason then get the LAN patch from here: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/WSOCK32.DLL

To play LAN via cncnet, click on the "Play Online" Button, then choose "LAN" and select your local ip

Thank you very much ( and for the quick reply ) , I understand the source of the problem. As the other computers of the family have the "old" pre windows 10 RA1 files (implemented  two  weeks ago  :-) ) it will be easier to  join them with the Lan patch instead of parametring cncnet lobby, I assume.

Just  an other advice ; where do I put the wsok32.dll ? Owerwrtiting the system 32 exixting file ? Tks in advance ( and relief of understanding what is going on !).

Yes I was doubtful modifying system 32 files ...

The multiplayer function is again available and everything works fine with "pre W10 and after W10 " cncnet files" on different family computers implementation.

Thanks for the advices and I am very grateful for your involvement in making this old but always impressive and passionating game work on new OS, starting from Windows 95,  when it was bought at first !