launcher doesnt launch game in red alert

flaw

Question

i installed the other day, the launcher runs and will launch and run tiberian sun, but when i have joined a lobby and the multiplayer game launches, i never get to play the match, it waits until other players time out and then launches, anyone have any ideas on this issues?

16 answers to this question

Yes, tiberian sun is working properly. I can join, and run games.

red alert was working, we had two glorious days of gaming on it, my friend in my house had an issue connecting to me to play yuris revenge so I uninstalled everything and reinstalled hoping that a fresh install would fix it. it is exactly as you described, it runs the cncnet, i can join the lobby, both online and lan. i can see my friends game, jjoin the lobby, and he launches game, immediately i can see his screen bring up the game, my launcher shows that its doing something, but nothing opens until he has timed out. I have installed to C:/Games, as administrator, and I had no antivirus running except windefender until I began having this issue - we are both connecting on the same router. I dont know if this could affect anything.

But thanks for your quick response FunkyFr3sh

as its got a bit messy, tiberian sun working ok, red alert not working. works for my friend on the same router on a different machine. yuris revenge, we cant match between us, if i can play he cant, and if he can play i cant. im not sure why. a whole lot of rebooting going on here.

Dude your post says Red Alert but clearly you taking about Red Alert 2 That 2 is a vary important detail....

No I am just trying to play red alert 1. not red alert 2.

red alert - not working

tiberian sun -working

yuris revenge, - appears t be working but other player cannot connect to me.

however the other player can run red alert and i cannot.

the launcher is attempting to launch, on my friends screen i can see he gets to the game screen with the unit to build, I am just waiting while he waits for me to connect, but my screen never opens the window for the game until after he has waited 30 secs for me to connect.

my friend has the same issue but on yuris revenge so we cannot connect to games an play

Dude your post says Red Alert but clearly you taking about Red Alert 2 That 2 is a vary important detail....

red alert - not working

tiberian sun -working

Try to re-install red alert to a different folder

I have installed it twice. I willl try this again to make sure and report back, i originally installed it in C:/ program files x86, i have it now in C:/games. i will try a new folder and post outcome later.

to clarify, i dont think y friend is timing out, i think he is waiting 30 secs for me to connect, but because my pc is not opening the game window, i time out, and only see game window after his has given up trying to connect. - can there be a confict when trying to connect on the same wifi router?

red alert - not working

tiberian sun -working

Well your post is just plum confusing to me than...

The game start is always instantly, I think something is blocking it and slows it down.

You should have the same problem on skirmish too

confirmed, same result in skirmish.

Then it's something I cannot help you with, you must have something on your pc that slows down the game start for any reason

I have managed to fix this issue.

I'm not sure which part actually fixed the issue but i'll run through what I did, just in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

I made Win10 restore, keep my files but do a clean install with no programs,

I ran the compatibility trouble shooter from Win10 and it decided windows XP service pack 3 was the best compatibility setting for ra95.exe

this now works and we have played a lan match. something on my pc must have been blocking the program. I can't think what though.