Modified files detected?!

tonyli28

After the latest update, I can't join any lobby and my friend can't join mine either. I got an error message "The game host has kicked you from the game" immediately after I joined a lobby. The host will be prompted "Modified files detected! Kicking player!". WHAT IS THIS???

Hi Tony - really sorry about this.

Are you able to join other games other than your friends? We'll look into this right away but might need more info from you when our developers are back online.

I'm afraid not :(, I tried to re-install the whole game and the client, but still. :( Please help :(

Hi Tony- are you running CnCNetClientYR.exe or CnCNetYRLauncher.exe ?

CnCNetClientYR.exe

Problem possibly identified now, we're really sorry about this. The latest installer we updated had an issue, we're working to resolve ASAP.

In the meantime, you can download this file and put into your game directory, and run: http://rampastring.cncnet.org/yr/testupdates_new/CnCNetYRLauncher.exe

CnCNetClientYR.exe

Problem possibly identified now, we're really sorry about this. The latest installer we updated had an issue, we're working to resolve ASAP.

In the meantime, you can download this file and put into your game directory, and run: http://rampastring.cncnet.org/yr/testupdates_new/CnCNetYRLauncher.exe

That's okay. You already helped me a lot. But still, it didn't work either. I really want to play with my friends. For now I can just battling those stupid AI alone. :(

CnCNetClientYR.exe

That's okay. You already helped me a lot. But still, it didn't work either. I really want to play with my friends. For now I can just battling those stupid AI alone. :(

Did you check for updates at the bottom left when using the cncnet launcher?

CnCNetClientYR.exe

Did you check for updates at the bottom left when using the cncnet launcher?

It said VR is up to date (v. 1.54). at the bottom left

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there.

I really don't wanna start a new thread so I will just say that im experiencing the same problem. I have tried everything that has been said above with no luck.

Any update on a possible fix?

Thanks and congratz CnCnet!

Hello there.

I really don't wanna start a new thread so I will just say that im experiencing the same problem. I have tried everything that has been said above with no luck.

Any update on a possible fix?

Thanks and congratz CnCnet!

Was this ever working for you?

If so, can you remember anything you might have changed? Are you running CnCNetYRLauncher.exe ?

Thanks

Friend who wants to start playing just encountered the same issue. He has never played before so all completely fresh installed. Reinstall etc. didn't help.

He tried our game (he got kicked), we tried his game (we got kicked) but no success.

Anyway, thanks for all your efforts, really appreciate you guys made this work!

Same problem here. Installed the game (through origin) today, then CNCnet.

Wanted to play with friends, got kicked.

If I make a game, they cant join my game (same msg).

I can't join any open games.

Uninstalled, removed install directories, rebooted, reinstalled, same problem still...

New patch, I can now join games.

Still get the msg "modified files detected"

However, the games I am in can't launch (doesnt matter if I created them or a friend). We get the msg:

Unable to launch game; player <my name> hasn't been verified.

I use WinXP professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 3.

[old laptop]