Tiberian Sun campaign glitch (Rescue Tratos, GDI)

Fureviews

First time poster here!

I only recently found out that Tiberian Sun was released as freeware on the internet by EA. So I immediately downloaded it and started by playing the singleplayer campaign as GDI. I remember really liking this game growing up. Then... I got to the mission called Rescue Tratos. Everybody I know who played this game as GDI despised this mission, and I can see why (apart from the glitch that I will explain)...

However, I did persevere through the first part of rescuing Tratos and getting him to the evac site. Tratos' sprite disappears and... Nothing happens. Both the Wolverine sprites, and the aircraft sprite remain motionless. I can't even select them with my mouse, or give them commands. I can click on the Wolverines to see their healthbar, but that's about it. So now I'm completely stuck on this level. I'm kind of opposed to using cheats (I would have to use trainers, which I find unreliable and I don't like the act of searching through malware sites to find a good one), so I was hoping to come over here to ask you guys if there's a reasonable solution to beating this glitchy mission. I don't even care about beating this mission legit anymore, I just want to continue on with the campaign.

I made a video of the glitch for your amusement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AstmyzQkS04

I'm not using any mods or alterations. Just the "Command & Conquer The First Decade" version as released by EA. According to the main menu, the version of this game is at 2.03.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :P

That's a weird bug. I remember once the game doing something similar for me on the Hammerfest mission I had destroyed Nod everywhere, but the mission wouldn't end. The only way to fix it was to restart the mission.

I haven't tried restarting the entire mission over yet (though I did load a previous save several times, which didn't help). I can give that a try and let you guys know the outcome.

If the mission had a bug beacuse of well any thing the saved game will. A full restart will be needed. Also what version of Rescuing Tratos are you playing? This mission has a ALT. One if you take out the radar dishes first or you can play it with out taking out the radar dishes but you have a timer before Tratos is killed.

If the mission had a bug beacuse of well any thing the saved game will. A full restart will be needed. Also what version of Rescuing Tratos are you playing? This mission has a ALT. One if you take out the radar dishes first or you can play it with out taking out the radar dishes but you have a timer before Tratos is killed.

I'm playing the 'easy' version of the mission. The one were you first took out the radar dishes.

That is way I norm play it. Never seen this I think but TibSun was some time ago for me.

Interesting!

I also got a reply from a guy on YouTube, saying he used the same free version of the game and didn't have any trouble with that mission. Perhaps it's just a random glitch? I will have to start the mission all over again regardless to find out.

• 4 years later...

Same problem here. In my case, the transport was stuck because a wolverine was on top by chance. After reloading a previous game and making sure that no wolverine is on top of the transport when Tratos disappears, the mission continued as expected.

• 1 month later...

I experienced this bug too. After killing all that was possible only with the special commandos, I tried going back to the orca to see if that would help. Unfortunately not. In all dispair I started attacking the wolverines. After I destroyed the one on top of the orca it finally flew away! Then the reinforcements arrived and I could start building a base. The mission could be completed then after I destroyed all nod buildings, including the rail-walls.

• 7 months later...

I registered just to add my own silly experience here :)

After freeing Tratos, I had everyone running to the transport. As we were being chased, I quickly went through the different characters to see which one could enter the transport. Only one had the blue arrows icon, so I let that one enter the transport.

It didn’t fly off, therefore I figured I first had to destroy the NOD base. Armed only with Umagon and Ghoststalker I attempted to take out the base, but after suffering for a while this looked impossible. I read a walkthrough, and yeah... ?‍♂️

Turns out I only had to place Tratos near the transport. Instead I sent the hijacker into the transport, thus capturing it, and it wouldn’t take off anymore.