Issues launching TDR

Giaomerta

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and I've installed Zero Hour through The First Decade.

Now, initially I installed w/o compatibility & as admin and I got installation errors, naturally the game wouldnt launch... I got errors in the .bat file (access denied, that sort of thing and Zero Hour would launch instead.) I uninstalled TFD, ZH, TDR and started again with a clean slate.

I reinstalled, w/ compatiblity and as an admin - no installation errors.

Unfortunately, when using the launcher and as well the quick launcher - vanilla Zero Hour opens (w/o the animated beach battle background) instead of TDR.

I've set compatibility to XP SP2 for both launches and the installation respectfully.

When I run the launcher as admin, it just closes.

Any help or suggestions would be great, as I'm looking forward to playing. \o/

Guest Yggdrasil

Since I nearly did this have you installed the mod to the correct directory and not the default one. This is because all 32bit programs get installed to program files (x86).

Hope this helps.

First try downloading this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-tiberian-dawn-redux/addons/cc-tiberian-dawn-redux-v13-improved-launcher

If you do not have C&C The First Decade make sure you have installed to the right directory.

(the installer chooses the C&C The First Decade Directory by default)

Additional Tutorials available here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-tiberian-dawn-redux/tutorials