Can't load saved games in skirmish

Pitman

Question

Dear all,

if I save a game in skirmish and try to load it later, I always get "internal error" and nothing is happening. Does anybody know, what is the reason for this error?

There is some other player with same problem:

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/tiberian-sun-internal-error.9916/

Your help would be great :)!

Kind regards, Peter

except.txt

4 answers to this question

I have exactly these problems:

Re: Tiberian Sun patches - Fix for the windows 8 / 10 menu problems and more

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2015, 03:55:46 PM »

Hey guys, everytime I launch tib sun through the patch shortcut and go to the settings I get this annoying Unhandled Exception error with a lovely long list of what exactly has gone wrong... which also gives me the option to continue or quit.

If I continue to the settings and apply the settings I do want and then click apply or ok I get the same error.

I know the settings have taken effect though cause the resolution is at the one I want it and the graphics patch is enabled and all but for some reason whenever my desktop wallpaper changes (it changes every 2 minutes If I remember right) it flickers right through the game for a second and then fades back to the game...

Also if I hit the start button in game I've pretty much doomed myself cause even if I try to alt tab myself back to the game all I'll get will be my desktop with the invisible game on top of it with my mouse moving over my units and ever issuing orders but without me being able to see any of it!

The funny thing with this, is that it worked sometime ago even with windows 10... and then it just stopped... I have no clue why...

I've tried with origin-ingame disabled as well and the results are pretty much the same...

Not to mention how horrendously long it now takes to load a stupid save!!

With Windows 7 it might have taken a literal second and now I can dunk an entire oreo and finish it off and it still would be loading!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:18:28 PM by Jacen Solo »

Offline FunkyFr3sh

Maker of official unofficial stuff!

CnCNet Team

Re: Tiberian Sun patches - Fix for the windows 8 / 10 menu problems and more

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2015, 03:15:39 AM »

Can you post the logs of the config program? Would help a lot :)

The bug with the desktop wallpaper changing is new to me, have no solution for that one sadly.

Alt+TAB (Windows Key) doesn't work on Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10, you won't be able to get back into the game, there is no proper solution for it yet

I heard about the save game problems before, cannot explain why it takes so long though. Got no testing machine to look at it