Installation won't complete and restarts download (RA1installer.exe)

Yak mang

Question

Have done search on google and this forums but haven't found anyone with same issue

I am running windows XP Home on an Asus EeePC netbook

I downloaded RA1installer.exe from CnCNet and I select full web install, everything proceeds as normal...

But once the 499 megs (approx) of the Allied disc is downloaded it sits on that for a few seconds and then restarts the entire download! The Allied Disc Rar file itself on my hardrive goes from 499 megs back to 1 meg. So it's like it deletes the Rar file and starts again over and over. I re downloaded the installer and same issue and have tried installing on different partitions/file pathways

I have tried different mirrors, I have disabled firewall and added RA1installer.exe to exception list. I am not running anti-virus while installing

Ideas? Help please, I have the DOS version working but the low res makes it damn tough to play properly lol so I really wanna get up and running on the Cnet build

1 answer to this question

Have done search on google and this forums but haven't found anyone with same issue

I am running windows XP Home on an Asus EeePC netbook

I downloaded RA1installer.exe from CnCNet and I select full web install, everything proceeds as normal...

But once the 499 megs (approx) of the Allied disc is downloaded it sits on that for a few seconds and then restarts the entire download! The Allied Disc Rar file itself on my hardrive goes from 499 megs back to 1 meg. So it's like it deletes the Rar file and starts again over and over. I re downloaded the installer and same issue and have tried installing on different partitions/file pathways

I have tried different mirrors, I have disabled firewall and added RA1installer.exe to exception list. I am not running anti-virus while installing

Ideas? Help please, I have the DOS version working but the low res makes it damn tough to play properly lol so I really wanna get up and running on the Cnet build

you can try to download the 2 iso files in your browser, then start ra1installer and choose full cd-installation. Now select the folder where you saved the 2 iso files and it should install it from them without downloading through the installer.

http://funkyfr3sh.cnc-comm.com/files/RedAlert1_AlliedDisc.rar

http://funkyfr3sh.cnc-comm.com/files/RedAlert1_SovietDisc.rar