A couple of suggestions to make the game even more fun

Jump Jet

First of all, thanks to CnCNet for a terrific job!

My suggestions:

1) Make it possible to attach tags to game, e.g. "newbies only", "good players only", "elites only".

Now new players or players with unknown names often join games of better players and they are immediately kicked, which is frustrating for both parties. And if they aren't kicked, the game turns out to be very unbalanced.

2) When you have joined a game, you can return to the main channel but if you do so, you can't see which games are open. This leads to a lot of joining and leaving of games.

3) Add a "standard settings" button (bases, allies allowed, bridges destroyable, short game, multi engineer, speed 7, credits 10k, unit count 0, tech level 10).

Now I often have to explain to change these settings, because a lot of new players don't use these. Just pushing one button would be a lot easier.

4) An open game should be closed automatically after 15 minutes if the host is AFK.

Now I sometimes notice that the same game is open for hours and players continue to join them, only to discover after some time that the host is AFK.

Thanks!

1) Make it possible to attach tags to game, e.g. "newbies only", "good players only", "elites only".

Now new players or players with unknown names often join games of better players and they are immediately kicked, which is frustrating for both parties. And if they aren't kicked, the game turns out to be very unbalanced.

Yes, that's a big problem. I saw some videos on youtube made by guys new to cncnet and it was really sad to see how they tried hard to play and got kicked multiple times.

We need to find a way to make it easy to find a game with equally experienced players, I already have some ideas and I will hopefully get it this up and running soon.

2) When you have joined a game, you can return to the main channel but if you do so, you can't see which games are open. This leads to a lot of joining and leaving of games.

We had this before, but we can't enabled it currently cause the server anti spam is too strict (it would cause a lot more traffic sadly)

3) Add a "standard settings" button (bases, allies allowed, bridges destroyable, short game, multi engineer, speed 7, credits 10k, unit count 0, tech level 10).

Now I often have to explain to change these settings, because a lot of new players don't use these. Just pushing one button would be a lot easier.

Not a bad idea, I wanted to simplify the UI anyways, there are just too many checkboxes. This update will take some time though, I hate to mess around with the UI stuff :D

4) An open game should be closed automatically after 15 minutes if the host is AFK.

Now I sometimes notice that the same game is open for hours and players continue to join them, only to discover after some time that the host is AFK.

Thanks!

That's also in my to-do list, don't have a full plan for it yet though